Windows 10: How do I get my f keys locked?

Discus and support How do I get my f keys locked? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I play any games that require the use of the f keys, I have to hold fn and push the f key I want to use. Is there a way I can lock the f keys so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aaron H11, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Aaron H11 Win User

How do I get my f keys locked?

When I play any games that require the use of the f keys, I have to hold fn and push the f key I want to use. Is there a way I can lock the f keys so they don't adjust my brightness, volume, etc and instead be used in my game?

:)

Aaron H11, Mar 30, 2019
  2. Zoggles Win User

Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I have a new Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000, and am running Windows 10 (64-bit) on a new PC, but none of the 'special keys' work, and neither do any of the function keys or F-Lock.

It's as if it is not being correctly recognised even though it correctly shows up in Device Manager (and according to 'update driver' is on the latest version)

NumPad/NumLock work fine. ScrollLock, Capslock, ESC and the rest of the keyboard has no problem.

But the keys not working includes:

All the special shortcut keys: Web/Home, Search, Mail, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Mute, Volume -/+, Play/Pause, Calculator, My Favourites, Back, Forward, and the Zoom Control.

F Keys and the F-Lock key.

and, (above the num pad), the '=', '(', and ')' keys. (although the second smaller '<-' backspace key next to them is fine)

I have Mouse and Keyboard Center 64bit 2.8.106

Device Manager lists: HID Keyboard Device (driver version 10.0.10586.0) and Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic 4000 (driver version 9.7.132.0)

I have tried different USB ports, I have tried the Windows troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices to no avail.

Mouse Keys/Sticky Keys/Toggle Keys/Filter Keys in Ease of Access are all turned off.

Human Interface Device Service in Services.msc is set to Automatic.

I'm really not bothered about the 'shortcut' keys - I've been using the MS Natural Ergonomic keyboards on various computers and OS's for years and never bothered with those keys (except occasionally for the handy volume keys) but not being able to use F
    keys is really inconvenient to say the least!

Am I missing something somewhere in the Win10 Settings? I never had any problems like this on XP or previous systems.

Zoggles, Mar 30, 2019
  3. f drive

Hello Kathy,

Based on the information you have provided in your post; we need to do further investigation. To assist you better, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you tried using a third party software to manage the disk partition?
    • Did you format the drive?

We suggest that you check for the drive in the Disk Management and look if it appears. Follow these steps:

• Log on as administrator or as a member of the Administrators group.
    • Press Windows+R key and type diskmgmt.msc and then click OK.
    Look if the Drive F: appears and check if it is unallocated.

Looking forward to your update.

Marvin Barc, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Zoggles Win User

Shortuct keys, F-Lock, and F keys not working

I don't have anything like that, and none of the windows 10 settings pages I have, has anything to do with a Function Key Mode (not that I have an Fn key, only the F-Lock on the Ergonomic 4000).

Also, this is a desktop.. not a laptop.

How do I get my f keys locked? a2d91298-8c11-4993-bba8-6b7bbac543aa.png

Zoggles, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get my f keys locked? - Similar Threads - keys locked

2. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  3. Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Caps lock/num lock key visual notification not turning off: This started when i was typing someting so maybe it's a key combination. I've tried pretty much everything to turn it off except go into the registry because i'm not comfortable with messing with that, I'm on a windows 11 desktop with an HP motherboard, a rtx 3060 and a intel...
  4. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  5. Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.

Bitlocker Key - Locked out of MS account.: Asus Zenbook, Windows 11A few days ago my laptop experienced its first blue screen which upon reboot prompted the repair-mode screen. In order to access the drive I get prompted to input a key for Bitlockers encryption. Seeing as this is something I didn't even knew I had on...
  6. Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11: Hi! Im new to windows Only 1 month using it and im already getting stressed.2 weeks ago my windows key stopped working ON EVERY KEYBOARD so i cant use shortcuts such as Windows+G.Then, today my caps lock key randomly started failing ON EVERY KEYBOARD, since caps lock disables...
  7. Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11

Windows and caps lock key wont work on any keyboard. WINDOWS 11: Hi! Im new to windows Only 1 month using it and im already getting stressed.2 weeks ago my windows key stopped working ON EVERY KEYBOARD so i cant use shortcuts such as Windows+G.Then, today my caps lock key randomly started failing ON EVERY KEYBOARD, since caps lock disables...
  8. My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  9. My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.

My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  10. for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for SOME REAson my capS LOCK KEY Is turning on/off automatic when i'm typing. any idea how...: itS LIKE I PREsS THE CAPs lock key all the time and turn it on off. i Found how to fix with shift key but when i fix i cannot CliCk / ? .....How to fiX that ????...