Windows 10: How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer

Discus and support How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have some folders that have NUMEROUS files in them, and I can't see all of the files at once without making the text so small that I can't read it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Doug49958, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Doug49958 Win User

How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer

I have some folders that have NUMEROUS files in them, and I can't see all of the files at once without making the text so small that I can't read it.

I would like to be able to divide the contents of a folder into two columns of FILES. Whenever I try to find the solution on line I only seem to find info dealing the columns that apply to the individual folders (file size, etc.).

How can I make two columns of files in Windows Explorer?

Thanks.

:)

Doug49958, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 7, 2018
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Dec 7, 2018
  4. How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer

File Explorer Columns

Hi David,

Thank you posting on Microsoft community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How exactly are you trying to expand the left columns in file explorer?

• Are you referring to extend the area of the left column in File explorer?

• Are you able to expand it in Safe Mode with networking ?
    I would suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue you are facing
    in order to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Keep us posted with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer

1. How do I get my FILES in two columns in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - FILES columns Explorer

2. How do I edit the DATA in a column in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I edit the DATA in a column in windows file explorer: I want to change data contained in the "Title" column in Windows File Exlorer the same way I can edit the data contained in the data column by using rename. Does this exist in column list or individual file level. Please note I am referring to mp3 files...
  3. How do I edit the DATA in a column in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I edit the DATA in a column in windows file explorer: I want to change data contained in the "Title" column in Windows File Exlorer the same way I can edit the data contained in the data column by using rename. Does this exist in column list or individual file level. Please note I am referring to mp3 files...
  4. How do I edit the DATA in a column in windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?: I have gone thru every way of hitting "Apply to all Folders" after carefully removing the Type column. It is utter, useless, wasted space. A relic of Mac marketing, when they used to make fun of Dos/Windows for having...gasp...file extensions!First thing I do on any machine....
  6. How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?

How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?: I have gone thru every way of hitting "Apply to all Folders" after carefully removing the Type column. It is utter, useless, wasted space. A relic of Mac marketing, when they used to make fun of Dos/Windows for having...gasp...file extensions!First thing I do on any machine....
  7. How do I remove File Type column in Windows Explorer **GLOBALLY**?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to show columns in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show columns in file explorer: Hi I have an issue where my file explorer doesn't show any columns. I have sort by and group by columns, but it still doesn't show any of them. You can see this in the image below:...
  9. How to show columns in file explorer

How to show columns in file explorer: Hi I have an issue where my file explorer doesn't show any columns. I have sort by and group by columns, but it still doesn't show any of them. You can see this in the image below:...
  10. How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I prevent some automatic File Explorer columns?: [IMG] submitted by /u/rpeg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/joo5g9/how_do_i_prevent_some_automatic_file_explorer/