Windows 10: How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way?

Discus and support How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RRaaLlLppHH [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RRaaLlLppHH, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way?

/u/RRaaLlLppHH, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Alicia J Win User

How do I get Outlook 2010 to export the correct address book

I have three options listed in Outlook when I try to export a CSV contact list from the address book.. Myself, another person, and the 'Outlook Data File'. I am the default person.

When you open the address book, the choice that has the current contacts is my name-contacts. When you go to the export file section, it is called suggested contacts. If I export this file and open it in excel, it shows names and street addresses with no email address listed. There are also names in the file that are no longer in my address book.

How do I get the address book to export the current list from my address book, and how do I get the excel file to show the email address?

Alicia J, Aug 6, 2020
  3. JanWilcox Win User
    How do I DISassociate a file type in Windows 10?

I inadvertently associated a .lst file to open using my Adobe reader. I have followed all the steps you suggested and deleted everything listed. It still shows that Adobe is the default app to use with the file. Any other suggestions?

JanWilcox, Aug 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way?

How do I change the default setting for .eml files?

Try rt clicking an eml file, Open With, and carefully follow through the several steps to assign your chosen program completely as default.

Also try

How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way? [​IMG]

Set this program as default (but in your case for Mailbird). (Or the equivalent in Settings)

Note that eml files are not a default file type in Windows (i.e. not in the relevant Tutorial list here Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials ) i.e. teh file type has to be established by a program.

Also make sure this is set correctly:

How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way? [​IMG]

(or the equivalent in the Control Panel)

dalchina, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way?

1. How do I get my files to be displayed in the default way? - Similar Threads - files displayed default

2. How do I get my File Explorer back to the way it was a few days ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my File Explorer back to the way it was a few days ago: This is how my file explorer looked and has looked forever. Right under This PC was my desktop, document, downloads, etc. NOW it looks like this below. Every time I want to go to my documents or desktop or downloads, I have to go thru the same **** C Users My name etc. Then...
  3. How do I get my File Explorer back to the way it was a few days ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my File Explorer back to the way it was a few days ago: This is how my file explorer looked and has looked forever. Right under This PC was my desktop, document, downloads, etc. NOW it looks like this below. Every time I want to go to my documents or desktop or downloads, I have to go thru the same **** C Users My name etc. Then...
  4. How do I reseat my file by default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reseat my file by default.: so I have a game and my friend put my.CFG as a notepad how do I reset the. CFG back to where it said it has chose a file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reseat-my-file-by-default/0f738559-3e60-47e9-85f2-ea2aa51d976f
  5. How do i change my display back to default in Windows 10

How do i change my display back to default in Windows 10: How do I go back to Windows 10 default display https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-display-back-to-default-in/575d4fc7-4104-4864-98f0-93296f2daf31
  6. how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get the original file date to display in file explorer?: under my Win 10 version of File Explorer, the Modified Date appears as the time column. How can I change this to the date the file was created?...
  7. How do I change this to the default display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change this to the default display?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mynameisjake7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdzmn3/how_do_i_change_this_to_the_default_display/
  8. How do I disable this?, kinda gets in the way

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable this?, kinda gets in the way: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/l3ublz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv056z/how_do_i_disable_this_kinda_gets_in_the_way/
  9. How do I restore my default desktop display settings?

How do I restore my default desktop display settings?: How do I restore my default desktop display settings? I changed them, now the colors are all wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-restore-my-default-desktop-display/6721eaa2-21d1-4408-89a6-f355166a9373
  10. How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?

How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?: I consider myself pretty good with computers, but for the life of me, I can't keep my lockscreen image to stay honeycomb. Sure, when I close and shut my computer, I get what I put there, but when I first turn my device on, I get a picture of rocks. 75885