Windows 10: How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book?

Discus and support How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I own a surface book with a resolution of 3000x2000 and i frequently dock and undock it from a 1920x1080 monitor. The problem is that i organize my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatijaVukovic, Aug 11, 2020.

1. How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book?

I own a surface book with a resolution of 3000x2000 and i frequently dock and undock it from a 1920x1080 monitor. The problem is that i organize my icons on my monitor, and when i unplug my laptop it messes up the icons. Same thing when i arrange them on the laptop, it messes up the monitor. Is there any way i can save the locations of the icons? I have auto arrange icons off already.

:)

MatijaVukovic, Aug 11, 2020

2. "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Hi,

As per the description I understand that you are trying to remove the Surface detach icon from the Taskbar on your Surface device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable it and check if it helps.

You will have to disable the Surface DTX. Follow:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager, select the Startup tab.
    • Check if the Surface DTX status is shown as Disabled.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • Go to Start
      How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book? f7c7fdba-6df5-43d9-a333-f8148a96bfa5.png
      , and select
      Power > Restart to restart your Surface Book.

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on accessing the Surface device, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 11, 2020
  3. aloneguid Win User
    "Surface Detach" Icon Removal on Surface Book Taskbar

Thanks. Is this the only thing Surface DTX does? Will it disable more than just undock icon?

aloneguid, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book?

Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book?

1. How do i get my icons to stay in the same place when undocking my surface book? - Similar Threads - icons stay same

2. Hi how do I get my screen to stay on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi how do I get my screen to stay on?: I am a teacher and the screen keeps turning off after 1 minute. I have changed the settings to 30 minutes as my class need to keep looking at the screen for longer than 1 minute, It doesn't seem to make any difference which timings I put in as it still turns off after 1...
  3. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  4. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  5. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. undock surface book from dockingstation

undock surface book from dockingstation: Hello, is there a possibility undock surface book from dockingstation 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undock-surface-book-from-dockingstation/bf9f73ec-dc50-4b86-85f9-4b31b26e9307
  7. desktop icons dont stay at the same place

desktop icons dont stay at the same place: Hi, I'm tired of always having to rearrange the desktop icons, how to fix this ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-dont-stay-at-the-same-place/4113dd83-083b-43b9-ba34-f80e131968ad
  8. how do i get windows to stay on my computer

how do i get windows to stay on my computer: How do I get windows to stay on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-windows-to-stay-on-my-computer/b2ed4b4b-cda6-4596-aac0-1b3dab99862d
  9. Desktop Icons won't stay in same place

Desktop Icons won't stay in same place: I have to constantly rearrange my desktop icons to there original places, is there a setting to stop this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-wont-stay-in-same-place/6f98e6b2-53f2-456e-889f-5446bfda110e
  10. How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?

How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?: I consider myself pretty good with computers, but for the life of me, I can't keep my lockscreen image to stay honeycomb. Sure, when I close and shut my computer, I get what I put there, but when I first turn my device on, I get a picture of rocks. 75885