Windows 10: How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?

Discus and support How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I consider myself pretty good with computers, but for the life of me, I can't keep my lockscreen image to stay honeycomb. Sure, when I close and shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by reptar, Jan 26, 2017.

1. reptar Win User

How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is?

I consider myself pretty good with computers, but for the life of me, I can't keep my lockscreen image to stay honeycomb. Sure, when I close and shut my computer, I get what I put there, but when I first turn my device on, I get a picture of rocks.

:)

reptar, Jan 26, 2017
  2. RPG17A Win User

How do I get the Synaptics Pointing Device to stay on the Taskbar?

Hi (again)

Did you click Apply then OK when you put the icon on the taskbar from device settings, there is no valid reason the icon won't stay put. So another way to access it without going to settings is open control panel right click the touchpad icon and create
    a short cut to place it on your desktop then from here right click the icon then click properties then the short cut tab in the short cut key box click any preferred letter, CTRL+ALT are already added as default. All you have to do then is remember it. Other
    than nailing it to the taskbar I can't think of anything else to do.

How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is? [​IMG]

RPG17A, Jan 26, 2017
  3. How do I get the Synaptics Pointing Device to stay on the Taskbar?

Lol, thanks for all your help. My computer is being difficult. I will try it.

SD_Houston, Jan 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this may explain part of your understandable confusion - and the free tweak tool (very reliable author) should help.

I expect you know about the different choices here, and will have made the appropriate one:

Finally, the lock screen images are kept here:
    C:\Windows\Web\Screen
    and here (spotlight):
    This PC > C: > Users > [Your User Name] > AppData > Local > Packages > Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy > LocalState > Assets

- so if you want to grab one, just and .jpg to a copy of them and you'll be able to view them normally.

dalchina, Jan 26, 2017
Thema:

1. How do I get my lockscreen to stay the way it is? - Similar Threads - lockscreen stay

2. Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...: Works fine when I sign in though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-on-lockscreen-would-not-show-in/ef1dce5f-e623-4b49-9c8e-efaf1122c79a
  3. Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...: Works fine when I sign in though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-on-lockscreen-would-not-show-in/ef1dce5f-e623-4b49-9c8e-efaf1122c79a
  4. Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More": Recently I suppose after the last update weather info began appearing on my lock screen. I like it.But then, after about a week or so, "and more" started appearing along with the weather: stock market info. I don't need it.In going to the settings for personalization of the...
  5. Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More"

Lockscreen Weather Info, not "And More": Recently I suppose after the last update weather info began appearing on my lock screen. I like it.But then, after about a week or so, "and more" started appearing along with the weather: stock market info. I don't need it.In going to the settings for personalization of the...
  6. Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen: I have a office computer hp compaq elite 8300 i'm pretty sure and i decided that i would do a factory reset since i was having some slowness, but when it finished it was stuck on the lockscreen. It shows the wallpaper and date like normal but it doesn't respond to any input...
  7. Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen

Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen: I have a office computer hp compaq elite 8300 i'm pretty sure and i decided that i would do a factory reset since i was having some slowness, but when it finished it was stuck on the lockscreen. It shows the wallpaper and date like normal but it doesn't respond to any input...
  8. Hp pc stuck on the lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Lockscreen Spotlight wont stay enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lockscreen Spotlight wont stay enabled: [ATTACH] https://i.redd.it/m9lug0e1cj161.gif Windows 10 2h02 19042.630, Spotlight won't stay enabled. I have tried running sfc /scannow and all the dism commands, which didn't help. I tried running through the steps here, Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in...
  10. The Lockscreen stays Black and Unresponsive!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Lockscreen stays Black and Unresponsive!!!: The lockscreen just stays black whenever this occurs : 1. Manual Locking (WIN + L) 2. Sign Out 3. After Successful Shutdown's If i force shutdown, and start it, lockscreen works fine. but it goes to black state after sign in. The things i tried to fix it!! 1. Graphics...