Windows 10: How do I get my Monitor to output 10-bit color from my GPU?

Discus and support How do I get my Monitor to output 10-bit color from my GPU? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 and it gives me the option to select 10-bit color in the NVIDIA Control Panel btw the display and GPU are connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 14, 2020.

1. How do I get my Monitor to output 10-bit color from my GPU?

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 and it gives me the option to select 10-bit color in the NVIDIA Control Panel btw the display and GPU are connected via display port. My monitor is a ViewSonic VP2770-LED 27" in case that matters.

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Aug 14, 2020

2. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 14, 2020
  3. FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2020
  4. How do I get my Monitor to output 10-bit color from my GPU?

Do 10-bit monitors require a Quadro/Firepro card?

From my understanding if you want 10 bit color output from video editing programs then you will most likely need a quadro because geforce, despite being capable of 10 bit color support in directx, don't support 10bit in opengl or cl, my memory is poor.
    That being said a quadro k620 is cheap but enough to drive the GUI monitor. The geforce can be used for processing the video in most edit/color/vfx applications that support GPU processing/rendering.

handsome_stan, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

How do I get my Monitor to output 10-bit color from my GPU?

1. How do I get my Monitor to output 10-bit color from my GPU? - Similar Threads - Monitor output bit

2. How do I get my gpu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my gpu back: So my gpu was a bit laggy so I uninstalled it then factory reseted my pc then my pc started only detecting the new version which is way worse my old version was radeon rx tm 550 now its just radeon 500 how do I get my old drivers back after deleting it and factory reseting my...
  3. How do I get my gpu back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my gpu back: So my gpu was a bit laggy so I uninstalled it then factory reseted my pc then my pc started only detecting the new version which is way worse my old version was radeon rx tm 550 now its just radeon 500 how do I get my old drivers back after deleting it and factory reseting my...
  4. How do I get my gpu back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do i get my processor in my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my processor in my monitor: my monitor does not run well, and I think the either lack of processor or "computer" is the reason, someone please help.I only have a computer monitor and no "computer", and since my computer is kinda old, i wanted to update my monitor, and it said i had replace or install a...
  6. How do i get my processor in my monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get my processor in my monitor: my monitor does not run well, and I think the either lack of processor or "computer" is the reason, someone please help.I only have a computer monitor and no "computer", and since my computer is kinda old, i wanted to update my monitor, and it said i had replace or install a...
  7. How do i get my processor in my monitor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  9. What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is the cheapest GPU that will output 10 bit color depth?: I have a monitor capable of displaying it already but I don't know which of the myriad of cards to choose from (they will all be better than the GeForce GTX 780 that I picked up ages ago...
  10. How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get audio from my monitor into my headset?: Monitor: AOC - G2460PQU 24.0 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor (G2460PQU) - PCPartPicker Headset: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel Headset (981-000536) - PCPartPicker [ATTACH] so the usb part is connected into my PC and i get audio just fine. i recently got a nintendo switch and i play...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10-bit color displays notebooks