Windows 10: How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Discus and support How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Community, I've got a new laptop with Windows 10, and the screen on this computer doesn't go dark after, say, five minutes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WhatdoIdo?XC, Dec 22, 2018.

1. How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Dear Community,

I've got a new laptop with Windows 10, and the screen on this computer doesn't go dark after, say, five minutes of inactivity. How do I change that?

:)

WhatdoIdo?XC, Dec 22, 2018

2. How to set auto logout after 5 minutes of screen inactivity?

Our firm just upgraded our conference room computer to Windows 10. We set the screen to turn off after 5 minutes of inactivity, but we prefer to keep the computer on and set it to never fall asleep, so automatic updates aren't interrupted.

For security reasons however, we would like the computer to automatically log out after the screen is inactive for 5 minutes. The only relevant setting that I've been able to find is under Settings --> Accounts --> Sign In Options:

I only have two options here:

• When PC wakes up from sleep
    • Never
    Neither of these work for us, since we set the computer to never sleep. Are there any other options available that would allow us to a) keep the computer from sleeping b) log out automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Thanks!

CPAusingWindows10, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 22, 2018
  4. kfordau Win User

How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity?

Computer shuts down after every 5 - 10 minutes of inactivity.

Original Title: Windows 10 Upgrade

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my computer shuts down completely after every 5 - 10 minutes after inactivity.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

kfordau, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity?

1. How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity? - Similar Threads - laptop computer dark

2. Windows 11 gets locked after 5 mins of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 gets locked after 5 mins of inactivity: Hello!Checked all possible solutions, settings and registry entries, set everywhere 60 mins, still gets locked after 5 minutes. Computer managed by intune where admin set the corresponding policy to 60 minutes as well, but laptop gets compliance error.Any ideas, where windows...
  3. Windows 11 gets locked after 5 mins of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 gets locked after 5 mins of inactivity: Hello!Checked all possible solutions, settings and registry entries, set everywhere 60 mins, still gets locked after 5 minutes. Computer managed by intune where admin set the corresponding policy to 60 minutes as well, but laptop gets compliance error.Any ideas, where windows...
  4. Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 ignores my settings and lock my computer after 5 minutes of inactivity: title says it all. i changed all the settinga for the lock screen to « never » ,saved the settings, did several back to factory settings, and changed them again, updated all the drivers I could....had two different guys from Microsoft remotly accessing my pc ...they were...
  5. How do I automatically hibernate my laptop after 'x' minutes of inactivity? [ I have tried...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I automatically hibernate my laptop after 'x' minutes of inactivity? [ I have tried...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/adhesh004 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3m8g1/how_do_i_automatically_hibernate_my_laptop_after/
  6. If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?

If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?: I don't want it to go to sleep or hibernate. submitted by /u/skyesdow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkfpu9/if_i_want_my_computer_to_lock_itself_after_5/
  7. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  8. Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity

Desktop Locks After 5 Minutes of Inactivity: So after the latest update my computer has been locking after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have looked through all the power options and sleep timers and no matter what I do I cannot seem to turn this feature off. This is happening to a friend of mine as well so I'm wondering...
  9. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity: I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair...
  10. Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns black after 5 minutes of inactivity and there is no sound: Hi there. Since some Windows 10 updates ago, if I let the PC inactive for some minutes the monitor turns off. Then if I move the mouse, it needs around 5 seconds to turn on again, but in the "sound" configuration the speakers are not being recognized anymore and there is no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get screen to go dark after 5 minutes