Windows 10: How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer

Discus and support How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Just got a new Windows 10 PC. When asked initially to sign in to Microsoft, the account details we used were my partner's as he already had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by redvalentine68, Aug 27, 2019.

1. How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer

Hello

Just got a new Windows 10 PC. When asked initially to sign in to Microsoft, the account details we used were my partner's as he already had a Microsoft account.

This means , of course, when the PC is turned on, it is his picture and details that appear but, more seriously, File Explorer shows his OneDrive. I have a OneDrive account but how do I get it to show in File Explorer.

:)

redvalentine68, Aug 27, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

Open 'OneDrive' folder from the Start menu/AllApps list.

Edwin, Aug 27, 2019
  3. JN_1967 Win User
    OneDrive Sidebar in File Explorer not working - OneDrive not showing in Registry

My File Explorer OneDrive sidebar shortcut does not work. It does not point to the location of my OneDrive folders (or any location) and if I click on it nothing happens. The
    same goes for "Open Folder" if I click on the OneDrive icon in the taskbar.

Also, in my registry, there is no key called
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\OneDrive

This can't be normal.

Any suggestions/help? Thanks in advance!

JN_1967, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Redbomber Win User

How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer

OneDrive files not showing

I'm having the same issue. Navigating to OneDrive in file explorer on my PC does not show my files. If I log into OneDrive via web I can see my files. If I create new files and folders via explorer on my PC, these do show up in explorer and in the web
    interface.

Troubleshooter does not work unfortunately with Windows 10 How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer :(

Redbomber, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer

1. How do I get my OneDrive rather than my partner's to show in File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive rather partner's

2. How do I change file explorer to stay in the folder link I have selected rather than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change file explorer to stay in the folder link I have selected rather than...: Since upgrading to Windows 11, when I open my file explorer to look for a file or go to a directory where I know a file exists, it reverts highlighting and selecting 'one drive'. IF I selected the wrong folder and want to look at the next folder, I can't just look at the list...
  3. How do I change file explorer to stay in the folder link I have selected rather than...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change file explorer to stay in the folder link I have selected rather than...: Since upgrading to Windows 11, when I open my file explorer to look for a file or go to a directory where I know a file exists, it reverts highlighting and selecting 'one drive'. IF I selected the wrong folder and want to look at the next folder, I can't just look at the list...
  4. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?: Hi!I just built my pc. When the Windows 10 booted, I didn’t have wifi. When I click show available networks, I get none. It just says “not connected”. When I open up device manager, all I see is Realtek Gaming 2.5gb Family Controller. No wifi adapter. When I check control...
  5. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?: Hi!I just built my pc. When the Windows 10 booted, I didn’t have wifi. When I click show available networks, I get none. It just says “not connected”. When I open up device manager, all I see is Realtek Gaming 2.5gb Family Controller. No wifi adapter. When I check control...
  6. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 shows my windows account name, rather than my username in file manager - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 shows my windows account name, rather than my username in file manager - how to...: For some reason windows has decided to substitute my name for the folder name in file manager with my microsoft associated account's home folder. It doesn't always do this, but it does it often enough that it is a problem - this is a substantial security concern considering...
  8. Windows 10 shows my windows account name, rather than my username in file manager - how to...

Windows 10 shows my windows account name, rather than my username in file manager - how to...: For some reason windows has decided to substitute my name for the folder name in file manager with my microsoft associated account's home folder. It doesn't always do this, but it does it often enough that it is a problem - this is a substantial security concern considering...
  9. Windows 10 shows my windows account name, rather than my username in file manager - how to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. OneDrive deleting files rather than getting new ones on Windows Restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive deleting files rather than getting new ones on Windows Restore: Hello Microsoft Community, I have some trouble with the technicality of how OneDrive works. So I’ve tried to restore my Windows to a previous version backup I want to restore is APR 2020 and it is currently AUG 2020 && for the sake of the example lets just say the only...