Windows 10: How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?

Discus and support How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Randomly at times my Realtek audio, which I use to listen to audio through my headphones, will randomly dissapear off my computer. This happened three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ssanzz, Dec 3, 2022.

1. ssanzz Win User

How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?

Randomly at times my Realtek audio, which I use to listen to audio through my headphones, will randomly dissapear off my computer. This happened three times now and I find that the only way to fix it is to hard reset my PC altogether. I have tried installing new "drivers" for it but that doesn't get it to show up. It doesn't show up in device manager, or volume mixer, so I can't just install it and reinstall it since it doesn't show up in the first place. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get it to show up again? I have also tried running through services.msc and making the windows audio

:)

ssanzz, Dec 3, 2022

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again? [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 3, 2022
  4. How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?

Realtek Audio Console not opening

Amigo, those are steps to get Realtek Audio Console to work.

Please go back to the top of the list and try each step, reporting back results as you go so I know what else to suggest.

You have one of the most experienced experts on the web helping you now. Most issues like this one I've handled thousands of times before and know exactly what needs to be tried and in which order. If you work with me it will be solved shortly. It would likely already have been solved had you started on the steps already.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?

1. How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again? - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio show

2. How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???: For the past four months, I've had no sound on my computer. It just happened when I restarted my computer for Windows 11, and I had an X on the speaker icon ever since. When I click on the Speaker icon, it takes me to the menu with the Wi-Fi and the battery, but then I click...
  3. How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Realtek Audio Driver back???: For the past four months, I've had no sound on my computer. It just happened when I restarted my computer for Windows 11, and I had an X on the speaker icon ever since. When I click on the Speaker icon, it takes me to the menu with the Wi-Fi and the battery, but then I click...
  4. how do i get the enter password option to show up again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get the enter password option to show up again?: I was trying to turn on safe boot, but i think i did the wrong thing. When i did ctrl r and then did misconfug then went to the boot tab, i clicked one of the safe boot options, when i was trying to turn on secure boot. I cannot log in now because the enter password option...
  5. how do i get the enter password option to show up again?

how do i get the enter password option to show up again?: I was trying to turn on safe boot, but i think i did the wrong thing. When i did ctrl r and then did misconfug then went to the boot tab, i clicked one of the safe boot options, when i was trying to turn on secure boot. I cannot log in now because the enter password option...
  6. Realtek Audio Manager not showing up

Realtek Audio Manager not showing up: I've been banging my head at the Realtek Audio Manager for a while now so I thought id finally make a post about it.When installing the driver it installs in the program files x86 folder instead of the 64 one. It also doesn't install RtkNGUI64 its only installs the 64 upgrade...
  7. How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?

How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?: Randomly at times my Realtek audio, which I use to listen to audio through my headphones, will randomly dissapear off my computer. This happened three times now and I find that the only way to fix it is to hard reset my PC altogether. I have tried installing new "drivers" for...
  8. How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Realtek Audio to show up again?: Randomly at times my Realtek audio, which I use to listen to audio through my headphones, will randomly dissapear off my computer. This happened three times now and I find that the only way to fix it is to hard reset my PC altogether. I have tried installing new "drivers" for...
  9. How do I get audio to work again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get audio to work again.: Please I need help it’s driving me insane. Last night I went to bed after playing a YouTube movie. I have speakers I bought from Amazon very cheap. USB plug in speaker that were plugged into my mother board. Finally went to bed I put my pc on sleep and shut my monitors off....
  10. How do I get audio to work again.

How do I get audio to work again.: Please I need help it’s driving me insane. Last night I went to bed after playing a YouTube movie. I have speakers I bought from Amazon very cheap. USB plug in speaker that were plugged into my mother board. Finally went to bed I put my pc on sleep and shut my monitors off....