Windows 10: How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

Discus and support How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer did an update and now I’mLocked out as it is asking for a recovery key number for bitlocker. Where do I find this since I can not get into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amanda Hermesman, Aug 15, 2022.

1. How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

My computer did an update and now I’mLocked out as it is asking for a recovery key number for bitlocker. Where do I find this since I can not get into my desktop anymore.

:)

Amanda Hermesman, Aug 15, 2022

2. Recovery Key Number

Hi Alexander,

You can find the instructions for retrieving your BitLocker Recovery key on the Windows Support site at this link: Where to look for your BitLocker recovery key

The following text comes from that link:

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive in to your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.
      • In your Azure Active Directory account. For work PCs where you sign in with an Azure Active Directory account, to get your recovery key, see the device info for your Microsoft
        Azure account

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key.
    • If you still can't get in, you'll need to reset your PC. Learn how.
    • If you want to make a backup of your BitLocker recovery key: Select the Start button, type BitLocker, select Manage BitLocker from the list
      of results, select Back up your recovery key, and follow the prompts for your preferred backup method.

Christopher Miller, Aug 15, 2022
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 15, 2022
  4. How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

BitLocker recovery number

I need a BitLocker recovery number and Microsoft listed three for me but my number is older.

I need the Bitlocker recovery number for Desktop-G56NOSG dated 6/24/2017.

Other information; Key ID = FDD6ADB1

Link id number is 857635

This is for a Lenovo MIIX 320-101CR and nothing works without the BitLocker recovery number.

I can not access by other login and even the F8 key is not working since it can't find the keyboard.

Thanks,

bingwriter, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

1. How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update - Similar Threads - recovery key number

2. How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?: How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?Microsoft must set backup bitlocker recovery key with acces handphone number and pin Password laptop, so i think it more can be save because...
  3. How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?: How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?How i get my bitlocker recovery key with my serial number of laptop?Microsoft must set backup bitlocker recovery key with acces handphone number and pin Password laptop, so i think it more can be save because...
  4. How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?: I have corrupted files I can't delete on a laptop. To resolve this I need to rey deleting in safe mode but when I try going into safe mode I am asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned bitlocker on.If I go to my account then I can see 2 devices listed, laptop...
  5. How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?

How do I get my Bitlocker recovery key?: I have corrupted files I can't delete on a laptop. To resolve this I need to rey deleting in safe mode but when I try going into safe mode I am asked for a bitlocker recovery key. I have never turned bitlocker on.If I go to my account then I can see 2 devices listed, laptop...
  6. How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my recovery key number when my computer did an update: My computer did an update and now I’mLocked out as it is asking for a recovery key number for bitlocker. Where do I find this since I can not get into my desktop anymore....
  7. How do I get my recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my recovery key.: How do I get back my recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-recovery-key/24ce3797-ac28-4fa8-b479-ca3211371e6c
  8. How do I get my recovery key.

How do I get my recovery key.: How do I get back my recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-recovery-key/24ce3797-ac28-4fa8-b479-ca3211371e6c
  9. How do I get my bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my bitlocker recovery key?: How do I get my recovery key for Bitlocker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-bitlocker-recovery-key/05def137-6852-4f93-be13-1694856c5e18
  10. how do i get my registration number for my computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how do i get my registration number for my computer: how do I get my registration key for my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-registration-number-for-my/5a28268f-0c0e-41f9-8fe8-e432e713ca4d"