Windows 10: how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate?

Discus and support how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had to read the pamphlet, which no one tells you to do. It's actually the instructions. Go figure! Okay, so when you purchase a new scanner such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PEARLSMITH3, Mar 5, 2021.

1. how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate?

I had to read the pamphlet, which no one tells you to do. It's actually the instructions. Go figure! Okay, so when you purchase a new scanner such as a Lide like I did, and the thing makes a noise, but you cannot get it to communicate with your computer,, this is NOT an issue of TROUBLESHOOT. This is an install/ setup issue. So, let's get started. First, find your search engine. Type in: http://ij.start.canon . Next, click on the actual WEBSITE. Next, click on the DOWNLOAD, which will take you to your next move, which will be SETUP. Press Set up. You will then proceed by entering your device's name or clicking on the picture once you see it. Select your country or region and GO. DOWNLOAD process begins for INSTALLATION of your scanner/ printer. You will have to UNPLUG the USB chord from your device. Once the installation has completed, PLUG IN your USB chord. Viola! You're most welcome.

:)

PEARLSMITH3, Mar 5, 2021

2. How do I get my PC and Scanner to communicate.

Hi, Kenneth.

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you the best way we can.

I would also suggest that you try the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Left click at Start button > select Settings > select Devices > click Add a printer or scanner > the system will start looking for it and if found, it will start adding your sanner to your Printers & Scanners list below.

Method 2: Run Hardware Troubleshooter.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next”button and your hardware troubleshooting will start

Method 3: I would like to suggest that you check in Device Manager and check if the driver for the scanner is available. To open Device Manager right click on the Start Menu and locate click on it.

If the Driver is not available in Device manager then I would recommend that you visit the manufacturer of the scanner and download and install the latest driver. If not then install it in Compatibility mode

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Computer/Scanner Communication

I have a HP laptop running Windows 10 and an Epson WF-2630 Printer/Copier/Fax/Scanner. I am able to print but unable to scan documents. I keep getting a message that there is no scanner connected to the computer. I have downloaded every update I could
    find for the laptop, Windows 10 and the printer. While the scanner is now listed under printer and devices in my settings menu (it didn't initially) the computer still isn't communicating with the scan function of my printer. Any suggestions on what to do
    would be greatly appreciated.

Angela_987, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate?

Error: Set the PC to start scanning when scanning using Cannon scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message?
    • Which application are you using to scan the document?
    • What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • Were you able to use the scanner earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the detailed information to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate?

1. how do i get my scanner and my pc to communicate? - Similar Threads - scanner communicate

2. Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...: I found this was posted last year and locked. This has been going on for over 10 years. It is crazy. It is wrong. But, Microsoft seems to do nothing about it.Why on earth take perfectly working and totally necessary software and just delete it so the user can go through the...
  3. Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows keep deleting my Epson Scan scanner software...: I found this was posted last year and locked. This has been going on for over 10 years. It is crazy. It is wrong. But, Microsoft seems to do nothing about it.Why on earth take perfectly working and totally necessary software and just delete it so the user can go through the...
  4. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  5. Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network

Brother Printer/Scanner MFC-L3720CDW trying to set up scan to network: Hello,I recently got the Brother Printer MFC-L3720CDW and setting up the printer and its functions were simple enough - but when attempting to set up the scanner through going to the printer IP address and that route - it is much more challenging. It is asking me for the...
  6. Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner: This post is to add information. I have read many other posts where owners of scanners are no longer able to access the scanner.Suggestions include rebooting, deleting and re-installing, making sure drivers are up to date, disabling the firewall, restarting Windows Image...
  7. Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner

Win 8 no longer communicates with Epson Artisan 837 scanner: This post is to add information. I have read many other posts where owners of scanners are no longer able to access the scanner.Suggestions include rebooting, deleting and re-installing, making sure drivers are up to date, disabling the firewall, restarting Windows Image...
  8. "cannot communicate with scanner"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "cannot communicate with scanner": For years I've used an epson V100 scanner, but I got frustrated at frequent messages saying "cannot communicate with scanner" and trying different drivers for this old equipment.So I bought a V39 scanner which although new is not a big improvement.Installed on my Windows 11...
  9. "cannot communicate with scanner"

"cannot communicate with scanner": For years I've used an epson V100 scanner, but I got frustrated at frequent messages saying "cannot communicate with scanner" and trying different drivers for this old equipment.So I bought a V39 scanner which although new is not a big improvement.Installed on my Windows 11...
  10. Windows no longer fully communicates with my printer/scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows no longer fully communicates with my printer/scanner: After the December 2020 Win10 20H2-OS update, my computer any of the computers on my network, actually no longer fully communicates with my Canon MF8350Cdn printer/scanner. I can print wirelessly across my network just fine, but the error code when I attempt to scan across...