Windows 10: How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

Discus and support How do i get my sign in bar to appear? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My hp envy x360 laptop won't pull up the password bar to let me sign in. I've gone through and tried every option suggested through the forum, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mason feeley, Dec 25, 2023.

1. How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

My hp envy x360 laptop won't pull up the password bar to let me sign in. I've gone through and tried every option suggested through the forum, and nothing works. I'm about to put a hole through the laptop. Someone help

:)

mason feeley, Dec 25, 2023
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Dec 25, 2023
  3. graye Win User
    how do i get my favorites to appear in the favorites bar

There are 2 steps...

1) Enable the horizontal favorites bar (which it appear that you have already done)

2) Put some favorites in the folder called "Favorites Bar". So, use the "hub" to expose the favorites pane (that appears as a vertical list on the right hand side), use "drag-and-drop" to move some favorites to the folder called "Favorites Bar"

graye, Dec 25, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 25, 2023
Thema:

How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

1. How do i get my sign in bar to appear? - Similar Threads - sign bar appear

2. How do i get my sign in bar to appear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get my sign in bar to appear?: My hp envy x360 laptop won't pull up the password bar to let me sign in. I've gone through and tried every option suggested through the forum, and nothing works. I'm about to put a hole through the laptop. Someone help...
  3. Why do I have to press the space bar to get my program to appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have to press the space bar to get my program to appear: If I have 3 or 4 programs open, and I want to switch to another, I have to click the task bar icon, then press the space bar to get it to show up, or minimize the program thats already opened. Annoying, any way to change it?...
  4. how do i get my search history to appear in the search bar bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get my search history to appear in the search bar bing: I was changing setting and getting confused and ive now lost my search history that would appear in the bing searchbar. How cn i view my search history quickly or make it appear in a drop down box of the bing search bar....
  5. how do i get my search history to appear in the search bar bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my search history to appear in the search bar bing: I was changing setting and getting confused and ive now lost my search history that would appear in the bing searchbar. How cn i view my search history quickly or make it appear in a drop down box of the bing search bar....
  6. Black bar with "Microsoft Search" text appeared, how do i get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black bar with "Microsoft Search" text appeared, how do i get rid of it?: Not much to be said, the title says it all. I'll post a picture so u can see what im talking about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-bar-with-microsoft-search-text-appeared-how/89a97ff0-1a70-4b9d-9848-4e02f1e1b814
  7. Black bar with "Microsoft Search" text appeared, how do i get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black bar with "Microsoft Search" text appeared, how do i get rid of it?: Not much to be said, the title says it all. I'll post a picture so u can see what im talking about. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-bar-with-microsoft-search-text-appeared-how/89a97ff0-1a70-4b9d-9848-4e02f1e1b814
  8. Black bar with "Microsoft Search" text appeared, how do i get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How do I get a brightness bar on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get a brightness bar on my PC?: I have a desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. I'm connected to monitor by VGA, and I can only change the brightness by going through the monitor menu which is a hassle. Shouldn't there be a slider in the action center? I tried googling this and the solution was...
  10. How do I change the size/appearance in the address bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change the size/appearance in the address bar?: I was tweaking the explorer, but I have this BIG metro-styled address bar, and I've tried changing stuff in OldNewExplorer, and enabling and disabling Ribbon, but it didn't work. Note that I have Ribbon disabled. Is this a new Windows feature, something from...