Windows 10: how do i get my start menu to show up?

Discus and support how do i get my start menu to show up? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got an update for windows 11 and now neither the start button nor search button will work on the tool bar. I also tried pressing the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnCandia, Nov 30, 2022.

1. how do i get my start menu to show up?

I just got an update for windows 11 and now neither the start button nor search button will work on the tool bar. I also tried pressing the windows button on the keyboard and it won't work either. How do i get the start menu back?

:)

JohnCandia, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    How to show MOST USED apps in Start Menu?

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix the issue with Start Menu.

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Start settings.

I suggest you to try the following steps which will help to show most used apps in Start Menu. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start Button and click on
      Settings.

• Double-click Personalization.

• In the left pane click on Start.

• In the right pane check if the “Show most used apps” slider is
      turned on or not.

• If not move the slider to
      turn it on.

• Now check in Start Menu, if it shows most used apps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Neilg Win User

how do i get my start menu to show up?

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

how do i get my start menu to show up?

1. how do i get my start menu to show up? - Similar Threads - start menu show

2. how do i get my start menu to show up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get my start menu to show up?: I just got an update for windows 11 and now neither the start button nor search button will work on the tool bar. I also tried pressing the windows button on the keyboard and it won't work either. How do i get the start menu back?...
  3. How do I get THIS start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get THIS start menu?: https://winaero.com/blog/tip-enable-or-disable-submenus-inside-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/ This looks like an ideal combination of the many Start Menu paradigms. Cascading programs from the 95 menu, tiles from 10, etc. submitted by /u/GameMusic [link] [comments]...
  4. how do I get my Start Menu back

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I get my Start Menu back: How do I get my start menu back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-start-menu-back/df4065de-17b7-4e29-a2ba-a92dca50d907
  5. Start menu not showing up

Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  6. Start menu not showing up

Start menu not showing up: Neither this or searching menu don't show up help submitted by /u/Kamiks0320 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0o9xv/start_menu_not_showing_up/
  7. How do I find "computer" on the start up menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I find "computer" on the start up menu?: I am trying to recover an error when I used system restore, I have lost many files and need them back. I was told to go to start and click computer, there is no "computer" in my start menu. How do I find it so I can use it? Thank you...
  8. How do I get my webcam to show up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get my webcam to show up: I am using Windows 10 and it is up to date. If I click on the camera in the list, it shows "We can't find your camera" with error code 0xa00f4244 If I go to settings and privacy and camera, it shows that "Camera access for this device is on". Skype is an allowed app for...
  9. How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?: Folks, I do not show any of the flyouts (the right caret >) on my start menu items like file explorer or Control Panel. I am sure I turned them off somewhere along the way but not sure where. [img] 2120
  10. How do I get a screenshot of start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get a screenshot of start menu?: I would like to get a screen shot of the start menu. I tried it with the Snipping Tool but when I click on the Snipping Tool, the start menu closes. I have build 10074. 5772