Windows 10: how do I get my taskbar back to one row only

Discus and support how do I get my taskbar back to one row only in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I get my taskbar back to one row?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gyrrabwh, Mar 21, 2019.

1. gyrrabwh Win User

how do I get my taskbar back to one row only

how do I get my taskbar back to one row?

:)

gyrrabwh, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Louie Del Win User

Multi row taskbar settings are lost on reboot (explorer restart.)

Hi Matt,

The settings that you’ve made with the taskbar may haven’t retained due to software conflicts or an application is possibly causing the issue when you’ve set the multi-row in the taskbar. To learn more about your concern, we’d like to ask the questions
    below:

• Which Windows version and build is installed on your computer? To get this information, type
      winver in the search box.
    • Are you using any third-party applications that are pinned on your taskbar?

In the meantime, try to lock the taskbar after making the changes. Right-click the taskbar and select
    Lock all taskbar. Then, restart your computer and check if you'll see still see the multi-row. Please refer to the screenshot below:

how do I get my taskbar back to one row only b69110ee-62cd-424c-951b-4260381b1b77.jpg

We can also isolate this behavior by performing a clean boot. This will help us identify if there are applications that may cause the issue to change it from the default settings. Click
    here for the steps. Once you’re in the clean boot state, try
    to personalize the taskbar and restart your PC. Then, verify if the it will have the same result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

Wondering if this feature still exists in Windows10 and how to accomplish it.

Back in Win7, I could unlock the taskbar and make it wider. This allowed me to drop more icons into the taskbar and would allow me to have two rows of icons.

With Win10 I can't seem to figure out how to accomplish this. I follow the same steps, but it centers the icons in the middle of the wider task bar and then will run the icons down so you have to scroll to see the rest of them.

Any way I can set it up to act like it did in Win7?

jlindemann, Mar 21, 2019
  4. how do I get my taskbar back to one row only

Taskbar resets to one row each time I reboot after Creators Update

Update: I was able to complete step two. However, the taskbar still loses a row with each restart . . .

Thanks, again

DavidWilson225, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

how do I get my taskbar back to one row only

1. how do I get my taskbar back to one row only - Similar Threads - taskbar row

2. How to increase taskbar to 2 or more rows in Windows 11 without installing a 3rd party...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to increase taskbar to 2 or more rows in Windows 11 without installing a 3rd party...: The Windows 10 taskbar was easy expandable for two or more rows by just clinking on the edge of the taskbar and dragging upwards. As I do not combine the open windows in the same icon, I often require more taskbar space. Not to mention. the system tray and calendar details...
  3. How to increase taskbar to 2 or more rows in Windows 11 without installing a 3rd party...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to increase taskbar to 2 or more rows in Windows 11 without installing a 3rd party...: The Windows 10 taskbar was easy expandable for two or more rows by just clinking on the edge of the taskbar and dragging upwards. As I do not combine the open windows in the same icon, I often require more taskbar space. Not to mention. the system tray and calendar details...
  4. Taskbar icons won't stay at three rows high.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons won't stay at three rows high.: This has been a problem forever and I've not found any successful fixes. The taskbar is at the bottom with three rows of icons. It's locked, but frequently the taskbar changes to one or two rows. How can I prevent the taskbar changing constantly? Thanks for any help...
  5. How to enable multiple rows of pinned apps in Windows 11 taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable multiple rows of pinned apps in Windows 11 taskbar: I know this has been asked before, but how can I enable multiple rows of pinned apps in Windows 11 taskbar, and scroll between those rows?Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much....
  6. How to enable multiple rows of pinned apps in Windows 11 taskbar

How to enable multiple rows of pinned apps in Windows 11 taskbar: I know this has been asked before, but how can I enable multiple rows of pinned apps in Windows 11 taskbar, and scroll between those rows?Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much....
  7. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?: I use a single-row taskbar so as not to use up vertical screen space, preserving as much of that as possible for documents and apps. I also enable "Use small taskbar buttons" because big icons take up horizontal space on the taskbar, allowing me to see less of the titles of...
  8. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?: I use a single-row taskbar so as not to use up vertical screen space, preserving as much of that as possible for documents and apps. I also enable "Use small taskbar buttons" because big icons take up horizontal space on the taskbar, allowing me to see less of the titles of...
  9. Single-row taskbar with small icons **and* showing the date?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Don't allow 2 icons in one row in taskbar: I use my taskbar on the left side of my screen and since using it that way the taskbar icons annoyed me because there are always 2 icons in one row. How can I make them stop doings this and only allow 1 icon in one row?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get task bar in one row

2. how change taskbar back to one row at bottom

3. arrange taskbar icons in one row

4. I want one row of icons on my taskbar,
  5. windows 10 taskbar 1 row,
  6. how to get taskbar back ,
  7. taskbar right always gets wider,
  8. taskbar 1 row,
  9. How do you replace file on top taskbar taskbar on top,
  10. single row task bar,
  11. change windows 10 taskbar To one row,