Windows 10: How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager>

Discus and support How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager> in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Toshiba Ext HDD is not showing up in file manager. How do I fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FrancisGraves, Oct 5, 2019.

1. How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager>

My Toshiba Ext HDD is not showing up in file manager. How do I fix it?

:)

FrancisGraves, Oct 5, 2019

2. Cannot see my ext WD 2 TB HDD

Ran into this problem transferring media files from my laptop to the WD ext hdd. Both USB 3.
    "My Book", my 2 TB WD ext HDD I cannot be seen on my laptop nor my media mini pc
    I found it in Disk Management. It is shown as Disk 2. It has a black streak all the way (full?) It has excess of I,8 TB used and indicates that it is unitialized.

I have attached a snipper capture of the disk management page.

How do I get the ext HDD to function without losing all my media? I am not technically savvy, but can follow step by step advice.

Thanks

Goodgenie4u, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

Hi,I Just can't figure out How to take a screenshot of 'Disk Management',but as MY Computer Won't recognise the Ext HDD,it Dosn't matter... How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager> :(

- The Next Problem to be solved is to get MY computer to recognise it Has an Ext HDD connected to it... How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager> :(

Untill THAT Problem is Solved No data can be transfered... How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager> :(

tiredchrisNEWBIE, Oct 5, 2019
  4. How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager>

computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD

I use a 7 year old HP Pavillion desk top and so far it has worked well. I have USB connected 2 ext HDD. One is basic storage and the other is my ext backup HDD. If I try to open a file in either of them, my computer stops recognizing both the ext HDDs causing
    a major problem creating backups. The only way to bring back recognition of the drives is to reboot. I plugged the two HDDs into another computer and they were fine there. How do I fix this?

cameraman32, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager>

1. How do I get my Toshiba Ext HDD to register in file manager> - Similar Threads - Toshiba Ext HDD

2. how do I get my HDD's to register with my computer after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my HDD's to register with my computer after windows update.: I recently updated my computer and when I updated to the new update, I realized that my pc stopped communicating with my Hard Drives and I tried multiple trouble shooting steps. And nothing has worked, so if someone can give me assistance it would be much appreciated....
  3. how do I get my HDD's to register with my computer after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get my HDD's to register with my computer after windows update.: I recently updated my computer and when I updated to the new update, I realized that my pc stopped communicating with my Hard Drives and I tried multiple trouble shooting steps. And nothing has worked, so if someone can give me assistance it would be much appreciated....
  4. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  5. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  6. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Access to Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Ext HDD: I found that to use my Ext HDD, I needed to go to the Control panel and declare it as a Backup Storage device. Prior to a week or so ago, all I had to do was plug the ext HDD into my laptop via USB. But now that I have declared it a Backup device, I am still unable to see it...
  8. Unable to Manage Files in Ext HDD due to Security restrictions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Manage Files in Ext HDD due to Security restrictions: I have a HDD I use to save/backup files. I tried to clean up some folders and get a "Need to provide Admin approval" drop down. I am the admin, then I try to provide approval but it tells me "Approval Denied"!! I created the folders and the files within, I am the one &...
  9. How Do I restore my files,etc,etc From my Ext HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Do I restore my files,etc,etc From my Ext HDD?: Hi, How do I restore data to my computer,From my Ext HDD? Thanks for your time/patience, TIRED Chris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-filesetcetc-from-my-ext-hdd/b34d98dc-3150-4eb9-9e80-d7e5e03c36ca
  10. Ext HDD Can't remove file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ext HDD Can't remove file: Win10 1903 64 On my Ext HDD I have a windows.old file that was backed up before. I have tried resetting all the permissions and ownership but no luck. Every time I try to delete it, it begins...gets to 99% and then stops. I even tried moving it back to my pcPC from which it...