Windows 10: How do I get my Win10 Media Player to play attached .mp4 files directly from emails gmail?

Discus and support How do I get my Win10 Media Player to play attached .mp4 files directly from emails gmail? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't play .mp4 attachments from my gmail sources. I have to download the files before I can play them. In ordeer to disguard .mp4 directly from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BruceBenke, Sep 4, 2021.

1. How do I get my Win10 Media Player to play attached .mp4 files directly from emails gmail?

I can't play .mp4 attachments from my gmail sources. I have to download the files before I can play them. In ordeer to disguard .mp4 directly from the attadhment, I want to use Windows Media Player app to do this. How do I activate the player to play directly from the attachments?

:)

BruceBenke, Sep 4, 2021
  2. AtomRider Win User

Why doesn't media player play mp4 files? win10 upgrade

Why doesn't media player play mp4 files? win10 upgrade

AtomRider, Sep 4, 2021
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows media player will not play mp4!

Who spends $5,000 on a computer to play .mp4s?

In any case, I have lots of .mp4s and they play well on Windows Media Player. If you've got an .mp4 that won't play, here are two suggestions:

1- download another copy of the file; and

2- ask the content provider for help.

BulldogXX, Sep 4, 2021
  4. Tarkaboy Win User

How do I get my Win10 Media Player to play attached .mp4 files directly from emails gmail?

Media Player failure

Hello Fellow Forum Users, hope you can help me. My Media Player will only open and play one or more mp4 attachments to an email for a few times and then will not open any attached mp4 file. Player will still play mp4 files stored in a Folder but not any attachments. I do not want to save all attachments to a folder as most are only transient. When Win10 is re booted then Media Player operates as normal opening mp4 attachments but then fails again after a few times. I have only just installed the Win10 Version below but my Player still has the problem. I would apreciate help on resolving this issue.
    Win10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450

Tarkaboy, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

How do I get my Win10 Media Player to play attached .mp4 files directly from emails gmail?

1. How do I get my Win10 Media Player to play attached .mp4 files directly from emails gmail? - Similar Threads - Win10 Media Player

2. why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?: why cant i automatically open mp4's that are emailed to me? windows media is selected as the default for all mp's. windows 11 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-play-mp4s-that-are-attached-to-an-email/ba9d1acc-e2ba-491d-84f7-bfade8c46cc3
  3. why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why cant i play mp4's that are attached to an email?: why cant i automatically open mp4's that are emailed to me? windows media is selected as the default for all mp's. windows 11 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-play-mp4s-that-are-attached-to-an-email/ba9d1acc-e2ba-491d-84f7-bfade8c46cc3
  4. Gmail and .MP4 and other Att. not playing directly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gmail and .MP4 and other Att. not playing directly.: In the Gmail C'nity I can see complaints about it with very little positive replies. Then I stumbled on this forum 'microsoft' and a thread or whatever it's call about someone not being able to play video from email or even when they are DL. Some Technician advised that...
  5. How to reduce size of mp4 files for email attachment?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to reduce size of mp4 files for email attachment?: Am downloading video files - MP4 - up to 15mb trying to send to contacts as email attachments. Some contacts can playback but others are unable to open the files. Need app to reduce size of these files so that all contacts can see them. Information on MS apps that will...
  6. .mp4 files in window media player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .mp4 files in window media player: why .mp4 fies are not play in window media player in windows 10 1903? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files-in-window-media-player/df1a9991-37f0-40b8-8928-5dfc4aea586a"
  7. Play of MP4 attachments to emails

Play of MP4 attachments to emails: I got no hits searching the internet for an answer to this problem. Did not even find anyone reporting the same problem. I have a problem playing MP4 videos that have been sent as attachments to emails. This is a new (to me) problem and I cannot connect it to any changes or...
  8. Windows Media Player will not play .MP4 files

Windows Media Player will not play .MP4 files: Hello all. Windows Media Player, Version 12.0.17134.471, will not play .MP4 files. I receive the following message: "Can't play. This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt....
  9. Windows media player will not play mp4!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player will not play mp4!: Why is MS being such an ASS and not providing the codec to play the files. Just spent $5000 on a worthless computer because of you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-media-player-will-not-play-mp4/17c48516-49cb-4b46-9e4f-eb738c1da3b1
  10. Play MP4 in Media PLayer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play MP4 in Media PLayer: Since Win 10 update I can longer play MP4 videos I used to be able to play in Win 7, using Windows Media Player. Why has this function stopped? I thought win 10 was an "improvement". This is the error message - Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might...