Windows 10: How do I get Norton removed?

Discus and support How do I get Norton removed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am attempting to uninstall Norton from Windows 10 using the prescribed method. At he uninstall prompt I get a message: "Preparing to Uninstall,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jan754, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Jan754 Win User

How do I get Norton removed?

I am attempting to uninstall Norton from Windows 10 using the prescribed method. At he uninstall prompt I get a message: "Preparing to Uninstall, please wait", then it never advances. AND my computer is running extremely slow. How do I remove Norton?

:)

Jan754, Sep 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 and Norton

Hi Mike,

Sorry! The latest version of Norton Security 22.5.2 is compatible with Windows 10. I would suggest installing the latest version of Norton Security using the steps here:
    www.norton.com/install. Sorry, I am not sure of the best way to restore the OS to the previous version. You can try the steps mentioned here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...original/76b6750c-5bb2-40bc-a7e3-f03cec62338b.

Thanks!

Dinesh

Norton Support

NortonSupport, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I get Norton removed? - Similar Threads - Norton removed

2. Completely remove Norton Uninstaller from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely remove Norton Uninstaller from Windows 11: I have Windows 11. I downloaded Norton a year or so ago, it got annoying, so I downloaded the Uninstaller. But now the Uninstaller has become spammy keeps popping up a window asking me to upgrade the tool and I cannot get rid of it. I've checked my permissions Admin, I've...
  3. Completely remove Norton Uninstaller from Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely remove Norton Uninstaller from Windows 11: I have Windows 11. I downloaded Norton a year or so ago, it got annoying, so I downloaded the Uninstaller. But now the Uninstaller has become spammy keeps popping up a window asking me to upgrade the tool and I cannot get rid of it. I've checked my permissions Admin, I've...
  4. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton: I'm at a total loss.removed norton with their removal tool.loss all internet accessdid a netsh int ip reset and now network connection says "internet access" however no internet and I cannot even ping my router or 8.8.8.8 - error message is "General failure"tried to Type...
  5. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton: I'm at a total loss.removed norton with their removal tool.loss all internet accessdid a netsh int ip reset and now network connection says "internet access" however no internet and I cannot even ping my router or 8.8.8.8 - error message is "General failure"tried to Type...
  6. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer: Norton, hides some of their software in other software products so that when I downloaded something today Norton Product Installer software was automatically installed on my Windows computer without my knowledge or permission. Now I am unable to uninstall this program. It's...
  8. Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer

Cannot Remove Norton Product Installer: Norton, hides some of their software in other software products so that when I downloaded something today Norton Product Installer software was automatically installed on my Windows computer without my knowledge or permission. Now I am unable to uninstall this program. It's...
  9. How do I completely remove every bit of Norton antivirus?

How do I completely remove every bit of Norton antivirus?: My wife's new Acer laptop Windows 10 came with Norton antivirus preinstalled. I want to remove every last vestige of this bloated ransomware but whatever I try there's always something left behind. For the record, I have downloaded and used Norton's own Remove and Reinstall...
  10. How do I completely remove every bit of Norton antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I completely remove every bit of Norton antivirus?: My wife's new Acer laptop Windows 10 came with Norton antivirus preinstalled. I want to remove every last vestige of this bloated ransomware but whatever I try there's always something left behind. For the record, I have downloaded and used Norton's own Remove and Reinstall...