Windows 10: How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

Discus and support How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertLightbourne, Jul 1, 2019.

1. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?

UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there intermittently appears the list of recently open Notepad files. But I don't have a reliable method for accessing this list. Grrr.

Will much appreciate help.

:)

RobertLightbourne, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Anak Win User

Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

Here's win7's notepad recent list:

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files? [​IMG]

And win10's:

Anak, Jul 1, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User

cereberus, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Kokopelli Win User

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

My (legal) copy of Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad - and Notepad only...*Huh All other apps have it, so what to do?
    Thank you.

Kokopelli, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

1. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files? - Similar Threads - Notepad list recently

2. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  3. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  4. How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar?: How to pin notepad file to notepad on taskbar? When I pin notepad app to task bad I was able to add files to it by right mouse button but not after last windows reinstallation. I still can do it with any other app....
  5. NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.

in Windows 10 Customization
    NotePad Recent-Files ShortCut.: Is there a way for me to re-enable my NotePad’s recent-files shortcut?Once upon a time I pinned NotePad to my TaskBar, and – when I would right-click on it – a list of some of my most recent NotePad files would show up, and the files on that list could be pinned right there...
  6. Files opening with Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  7. Notepad is not updating Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad is not updating Recent Files: When I right click on the Notepad icon on my toolbar in Windows 10 it gives me a list of Recent Files, but they are only old files that I have opened, not any new ones that I have created recently, which are the ones I want to find to get back to quickly. I have the same...
  8. How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of Notepad files that have not been explicitly closed. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?...
  9. How do i get rid of notepad

How do i get rid of notepad: i need help getting rid of notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-notepad/6275bd69-ae67-4313-8bac-e4e25fd6a0ba
  10. Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad: My (legal) copy of Windows 10 doesn't keep a recent file-list for Notepad - and Notepad only...*Huh All other apps have it, so what to do? Thank you. [img] 87366

Users found this page by searching for:

1. find recently opened notepad

2. how to NOTEPAD NOTEPAD TO MY RECENTLY

3. can we know which files we opened in notepad?