Windows 10: How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?

Discus and support How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I got a new laptop and changed my pin password for my Microsoft account. Whilst doing that I deleted my old pin password because I didn't think I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cat_058, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Cat_058 Win User

How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?

Hi, I got a new laptop and changed my pin password for my Microsoft account. Whilst doing that I deleted my old pin password because I didn't think I would need it anymore. But now I need to get into my old laptop and I can vaguely remember the pin but not enough to know that I written the right one. I wrote my new pin it didn't work, It didn't give me the option to write my normal password, and now for the login details the only thing that comes up is "challenge phrase" I tried writing the A1B2C3 thing it gives you, but all it does is bring me to a pin login, which is ineffective as I don't r

:)

Cat_058, Nov 24, 2022

2. challenge phrase

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.

I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I came across to your post and wanted to assist.I hope we can work together to find a solution for you.

First, "Challenge Phrase" is a new approach taken by Microsoft to thwarting brute force attacks or cyber trespassers. This attack involves a simple process of trying all common or likely PIN codes over and over until the correct code is finally discovered.
    When a PIN gets entered incorrectly four times in a row, users are sent to a different screen where they are requires to enter a specific phrase.

May I know what are you trying to do before the challenge phrase prompted?

And what do you mean by nothing happens? Did this mean you where directed to another windows?

Kindly give further details so I can suggest or give you a step by step procedure to fix this.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

AnthonyLabramonte, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Challenge phrase requested on every boot up

Hello,

Just to verify, can you tell us the build version of your Windows operating system? In the mean time, what we can suggest is to disable the log-in screen and re-enable it again. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to launch the
      Run
      command.
    • Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • On the User Accounts window, select your username and uncheck Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply.
    • Type your Password twice and click OK.
    • Restart your PC and redo the steps in reverse to enable the sign in with password again.
    • Restart your PC again and see if the challenge phrase would still occur.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Nov 24, 2022
  4. How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?

windows 10 laptop locked with challenge phrase

My laptop returned after repairs, locked with challenge phrase. keyboard of laptop is nit able to type the challenge phrase.

Resetted my password today through my mobile phone but the resetted password also not accepted. please help.

Gurudutt Kamath, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?

1. How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally? - Similar Threads - challenge phrase reset

2. How do I get around the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the challenge phrase: How do I get around the challenge phrase issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-around-the-challenge-phrase/efa67ac2-453e-4516-ac58-757e88eb77c0
  3. How do I get around the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get around the challenge phrase: How do I get around the challenge phrase issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-around-the-challenge-phrase/efa67ac2-453e-4516-ac58-757e88eb77c0
  4. How do I reset my challenge phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reset my challenge phrase?: How do I bypass the challenge phrase ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-challenge-phrase/d7192459-b4e7-4e2e-bdd3-dd9f666f7eb2
  5. How do I reset my challenge phrase?

How do I reset my challenge phrase?: How do I bypass the challenge phrase ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-reset-my-challenge-phrase/d7192459-b4e7-4e2e-bdd3-dd9f666f7eb2
  6. How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?

How do I get out of "challenge phrase" and reset password normally?: Hi, I got a new laptop and changed my pin password for my Microsoft account. Whilst doing that I deleted my old pin password because I didn't think I would need it anymore. But now I need to get into my old laptop and I can vaguely remember the pin but not enough to know that...
  7. How do i fix the challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the challenge phrase: Hi,my brother was just joking around and entered his password too many times, every time he tries to log in the challenge phrase is there. he can enter his password and do everything else fine, i would just like to know how he can disable it....
  8. How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?: How do I get around the Challenge Phrase? I have followed all steps. However I cannot move past the login screen. I am asked for Challenge Phrase A1B2C3, I enter this and respnse is enter pin. Do this and it returns back to where I started explaining I have entered the wrong...
  9. How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?

How do I get around the Challenge Phrase?: How do I get around the Challenge Phrase? I have followed all steps. However I cannot move past the login screen. I am asked for Challenge Phrase A1B2C3, I enter this and respnse is enter pin. Do this and it returns back to where I started explaining I have entered the wrong...
  10. How to get past challenge phrase?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get past challenge phrase?: in Windows 10. How to get past "You've entered an incorrect pin several times. To try again enter A1B2C3". I have no idea what the challenge phrase is, nor remember the pin. There are no other reset links...