Windows 10: How do I get past my microsoft account locked without a phone number?

Discus and support How do I get past my microsoft account locked without a phone number? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've created multiple Microsoft accounts just because I was using the accounts so I could play on public servers in Minecraft pocket edition. But every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MasonKlock, Dec 2, 2020.

1. How do I get past my microsoft account locked without a phone number?

I've created multiple Microsoft accounts just because I was using the accounts so I could play on public servers in Minecraft pocket edition. But every 3 days I have to make a new account because it keeps saying Microsoft account locked and I don't have a phone number to verify it. I don't know why they don't have a "use email instead button" because that would be much much easier. I don't even know why my account is getting locked or how I'm violating the Microsoft tos by using a Microsoft account for Minecraft. I just wanna say me doing nothing violating the Microsoft tos and my account getting locked is pretty ridiculous. Also when I do put in my textnow phone number it says "cannot message this number"

:)

MasonKlock, Dec 2, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

Kari, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Dec 2, 2020
  4. How do I get past my microsoft account locked without a phone number?

Want to change phone number in Microsoft account

To add a new email address or phone number as an alias:

Sign in to Manage how you sign in to Microsoft with your Microsoft account. If you’re having issues signing in to your Microsoft account, go to Microsoft account help.

Note

You may be prompted to enter your Microsoft account password, or to enter a code sent to the email address or phone number listed in your account's security information. By providing this info to us, we know the request is coming from you.

Under the Account aliases section, select either Add email or Add phone number.

If you selected Add a phone number, go to step 5. If you selected Add email, choose whether to add:

A new email address. Select Create a new email address and add it as an alias, and then follow the instructions.

A non-Microsoft email address (such as an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email address). Select Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias, and then select Add alias.

After you've added the email address, you'll be asked to verify that you're the account owner:

Select Verify next to the new alias. A message is sent to the account for verification.

After you receive the message, select the included link to confirm that you own the account.

If you selected Add a phone number, follow these steps:

Select your country from the list.

Enter the phone number you want to use, and then select Next.

When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code from the text message, and then select Next.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12407/...

sunil parmar, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I get past my microsoft account locked without a phone number?

1. How do I get past my microsoft account locked without a phone number? - Similar Threads - past microsoft account

2. How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?: I got a unusual sign in attempt about 5 days ago and since then have not been able to get access into my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-regain-access-to-my-microsoft-account/a412fdcd-1c60-4ca8-bdd1-a14cf998f043
  3. how do I change phone number in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change phone number in Microsoft account: How do I change the phone number in my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/4964d2b0-4da4-401e-855c-cd3f50821ec8
  4. how do I change phone number in Microsoft account

how do I change phone number in Microsoft account: How do I change the phone number in my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-phone-number-in-microsoft-account/4964d2b0-4da4-401e-855c-cd3f50821ec8
  5. I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...: I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that number is my only way to get access to my security so I can change the number to my new number...
  6. I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...: I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that number is my only way to get access to my security so I can change the number to my new number...
  7. I can’t change my phone number on Microsoft because my phone number is locked and that...

8. How do I change my phone number on my Microsoft account?

How do I change my phone number on my Microsoft account?: My account created ten years ago has an out of date landline number which is now defunct. I have moved to another area of the country and have a new phone number. To save trying to change every time I move I wish to replace the old landline number which is a security feature...
  9. How do I use my microsoft points without having a phone number?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I use my microsoft points without having a phone number?: I want to redeem my Microsoft points but I don't have a phone number Is there a way I can redeem it without a phone number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-use-my-microsoft-points-without-having-a/9241626b-f32c-444b-a994-8500e9e6572a
  10. How do i remove my phone number alias without the phone

How do i remove my phone number alias without the phone: I tried to add a email alias in my account but it says it needs to wait for the security thing to go through which was supposed to be on 27/5/20 but it is already 2/6/20 and it still show that security info thing.When i try to cancel it it says i need to enter the code sent...