Windows 10: how do I get permission to download my file

Discus and support how do I get permission to download my file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ABOMINATION_BLITZ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ABOMINATION_BLITZ, Aug 3, 2022.

1. how do I get permission to download my file

/u/ABOMINATION_BLITZ, Aug 3, 2022

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Reset Windows 10 file permissions to default

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you receiving any error message while accessing any files?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Startup troubleshooter.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type Powershell
    • Type the following in the Powershell prompt:
    $manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

6. Close the Powershell window

7. Reboot

Method 2: If you are facing issues accessing files, then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This may be caused by incorrect permissions on the files.

You can fix this using these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Scoka Win User

how do I get permission to download my file

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

how do I get permission to download my file

1. how do I get permission to download my file - Similar Threads - permission download file

2. How do I get permission from my desktop to delete a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission from my desktop to delete a file: require permission from desktop to delete a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-from-my-desktop-to-delete/fd35c682-2953-427a-8eef-ed26099aa4b0
  3. How do I get permission from my desktop to delete a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get permission from my desktop to delete a file: require permission from desktop to delete a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-from-my-desktop-to-delete/fd35c682-2953-427a-8eef-ed26099aa4b0
  4. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  5. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  6. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do i get permission to open a download ap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get permission to open a download ap: I have been using Eudora for over 20 years. I have had windows 10 for several years and have had no problems until this week. 1.When I open Eudora get an error message: something about an exception, i can't read the whole error as it flashes so fast and disappears before...
  8. How do I get permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get permission: how do I get permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission/ff20f65a-2d3a-4205-b59e-6e15b615f927"
  9. How do I get Permission change files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get Permission change files: I'm trying to un-install Microsoft Edge so I can re-install it (because it's not working properly so I want to start over) but everytime I try to delete it, it says I need permission but the problem is when I go to properties and click security, it already says the...
  10. how do I get administrator permission to use a file

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how do I get administrator permission to use a file: Often, like today, I need to get administrator permission or sign in as administrator to do something. Today, for example, I could not move a file from one folder to another without administrator permission. I am the sole owner and user of my laptop (Lenovo Ideapad G580). I...