Windows 10: How do i get permission to open a download ap

Discus and support How do i get permission to open a download ap in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been using Eudora for over 20 years. I have had windows 10 for several years and have had no problems until this week. 1.When I open Eudora... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lin337, Nov 8, 2020.

1. lin337 Win User

How do i get permission to open a download ap

I have been using Eudora for over 20 years. I have had windows 10 for several years and have had no problems until this week.

1.When I open Eudora get an error message: something about an exception, i can't read the whole error as it flashes so fast and disappears before i can read any words except exception ..

2. I have The Eudora program 7.1.0.9 in my download file, but when I click on it to install, I receive "This ap has been blocked for your protection".

3. I have spent the better part of a full day trying every solution on the internet regarding permission. When opening properties, ALL users I am only user but it shows my name and Administrator desktop have full permission. I clicked on advance to double check and it shows that all users have Full Control.

4. I have gone on the internet to redownload the Eudora app and receive the same error when trying to open the NEW download.5. I love Eudora as I have everything in folders and I have 3 email addresses I use and when I open my emails, all 3 are downloaded at once. Most other apps will only open 1 email address at a time. I have folders I have saved for a long time that I still use. Besides they are a good backup for items I want saved.

6. Another reason i love it as I might want to keep an attachment for further use. I can delete the message and keep attachments

As I can't open Eudora, I will use Outlook for now. Using outlook, I have to put in 1 email address and look at those, then open up my other to look at those and I have a 3rd email for my girlfriend she does not use my computer but I do somethings for her on my computer. I an 86 yrs old and have had personal PC's since the early eighty's. This is the 1st time I have ever been this stumped.

:)

lin337, Nov 8, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 8, 2020
  4. How do i get permission to open a download ap

Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

How do i get permission to open a download ap

1. How do i get permission to open a download ap - Similar Threads - permission open download

2. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  3. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get permission to a folder?: I reseted my laptop and now this drive that I used more has backed up or something and I can't acces it, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission-to-a-folder/3fc13414-6e39-4a7e-8c33-acbf8cb79420
  4. How do I get permission to a folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do I get permission to download my file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I get permission to download my file: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ABOMINATION_BLITZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wfl23g/how_do_i_get_permission_to_download_my_file/
  6. download netvue ap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download netvue ap: how do I download the Netvue app to my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-netvue-ap/2acc2ad7-94bf-43c3-936c-ff9ec470e01d
  7. How do I get permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get permission: how do I get permission? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-permission/ff20f65a-2d3a-4205-b59e-6e15b615f927"
  8. I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't get the Microsoft Stoe ap to open: can you help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-the-microsoft-stoe-ap-to-open/f2a00320-3f2d-4045-8315-c392d3522af2"
  9. Location permissions for aps. What is Win32WebViewHost? What does it do?

Location permissions for aps. What is Win32WebViewHost? What does it do?: What is Win32WebViewHost? What does it do? * Original title: Location permissions for aps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-permissions-for-aps-what-is/56f51ab9-799f-4d63-bb61-9a98b7078c30"
  10. Location permissions for aps

Location permissions for aps: What is Win32WebViewHost? What does it do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-permissions-for-aps/56f51ab9-799f-4d63-bb61-9a98b7078c30"