Windows 10: How do I get rid from a program which is located in a inaccessible directory?

Discus and support How do I get rid from a program which is located in a inaccessible directory? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to install KODY on my win10 system. For some reason, when I try to launch it, I get the attached response: [ATTACH] The program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chermesh, Oct 30, 2018.

1. chermesh Win User

How do I get rid from a program which is located in a inaccessible directory?

Hi,

I tried to install KODY on my win10 system. For some reason, when I try to launch it, I get the attached response:

How do I get rid from a program which is located in a inaccessible directory? f53c4f09-fead-4ed3-aa29-673b9161c8f6?upload=true.jpg

The program doesn't show in the program list in control panel.

When I look for using my search program "everything". I do get its location, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps... , which I failed to find a way to access it or to change its security setting.

How do I get rid of this installation?

:)

chermesh, Oct 30, 2018
  2. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

How do I get rid from a program which is located in a inaccessible directory? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 31, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    Alternate Program directory, all programs missing

A list of programs installed? There are programs that can list the software you've installed on your system, and of course there is the Control Panel, Programs and Features list.

dalchina, Oct 31, 2018
  4. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

1. How do I get rid from a program which is located in a inaccessible directory? - Similar Threads - rid program located

2. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  3. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  4. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of this folder that says "Location is not available"?

How do I get rid of this folder that says "Location is not available"?: My custom-built pc had somehow connected to OneDrive after an update and had started transferring files between my surface tablet and this pc. After turning sync off and logging out of OneDrive on this pc I have one file that is showing up in my File Explorer that I am not...
  6. How do I get rid of this folder that says "Location is not available"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this folder that says "Location is not available"?: My custom-built pc had somehow connected to OneDrive after an update and had started transferring files between my surface tablet and this pc. After turning sync off and logging out of OneDrive on this pc I have one file that is showing up in my File Explorer that I am not...
  7. How do I get rid of this folder that says "Location is not available"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to change the directory to which programs are installed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the directory to which programs are installed?: I've tried doing some research but everywhere I go it says changing where I install files to is dangerous, but my C: drive is full and I want to move all my programs to my D: drive and start installing programs there. Is there a safe way to transfer all these files? Do I have...
  9. How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?: For several weeks I continue to get the "Location not available" nag shown in the attached screenshot whenever I start windows or file explorer. I likely did move the file, but how do I get windows to stop reminding me? [img] 132928
  10. How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.: I gave a program administrator privileges, but I don't want the program to have administrator anymore, this program needs admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-administrator-privileges-for-a/4204e059-414d-423c-a155-fd0e22eb3a7d"