Windows 10: How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad?

Discus and support How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open WordPad there is a 7px from the left and 7px from the bottom of my monitor padding, pushing the window away from the left and bottom edges... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tiffany, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Tiffany Win User

How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad?

When I open WordPad there is a 7px from the left and 7px from the bottom of my monitor padding, pushing the window away from the left and bottom edges of my screen. No matter how many times I resize & reposition the window against the left & bottom edges of my screen every time I open it again it has that same 7px left & bottom padding. It's super annoying. Here's a cropped example:

How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad? [​IMG]

Unimportant background: It's part of my workflow when I write, I have Wordpad at that size on the left side of my primary monitor and something like XnView (which is not affected whatsoever with any kind of padding) aligned to the right side of my monitor roughly the same size & position as the Wordpad, or resized as necessary, or a MPC or Chrome window or something, whatever is needed for reference or whatever. I've done it like that for probably a decade, did it when I used to have Windows 8.1 Pro too - which didn't have the issue.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685). Windows 10 was always like this. When I first tried it on my old PC I upgraded from 8.1 Pro to 10 Pro to try it out and that was one of the things I hated as well as folder sorting options which was fixed since then then downgraded that PC back to 8.1 cause both of those issues together was just too annoying to deal with. This is a new PC though with a clean install.

Ryzen 9 5900X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm AIO, ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero, 2x 8TB M.2 NVMe (OS)/(Games), G.Skill Ripjaws V 128GB 3600 RAM, 3x 14TB WD Red Plus (storage), EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra Hybrid

I don't know if this regedit is possibly relevant. I'm not using window snap, iirc when I tried it years ago it'd take up too much real estate not being able to resize small enough horizontally. Though looking at dragging the bar to the edge it looks like there'd be something like an 8px edge all the way around it using snap, which I'm not.

Any solution to this would be a godsend, whether that's some hidden setting, regedit, a program, or occult sorcery - I don't care lol.

edit: This might somehow be causally related with some more technical information of the phenomena...
    I'm assuming this is some oversight with the Windows 10 Aero theme still present in 10 which didn't exist in 7/8 with old coding using their theme's padding sizes despite those no longer being there in 10 visibly thus resulting in the 7px invisible border.

I'm also assuming I'd probably need some program to set Wordpad to open to -7px instead of 0px which I guess whatever internal settings it has that remembers its last position is unable to set with that program for whatever reason. An AutoHotkey script perhaps..? Hm...

:)

Tiffany, Jan 11, 2021
  2. namitakrs Win User

WordPad issue

I like to suggest you some steps as per my last experience follow these:
    Click -> Start menu -> type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar-> search and click on the result. -> open WordPad.
    If you’re find difficulty to open WordPad,
    the Press -> Windows + R key -> type ‘Write’ -> hit enter.
    You will WordPad application launching on the
    screen.
    or
    Navigate this path C:\windows\system32\ you will see a ‘write’ (File).
    The application is here now.

How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad? [​IMG]

or
    Just run an Office repair sofwtare to check if there will be any changes on the Word pad.

namitakrs, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Tiffany Win User
    Setting to remove 7px screen edge protection?

I have a few programs such as Wordpad and XnView that I like to keep in the left & right corners of my screen, from time to time. The problem is that on Windows 10 no matter how many times I move these programs to the edges of my screen and close them when they're positioned where I want them, the next time I open them Windows 10 adds some sort of 7px "padding" and resizes them so that they aren't touching the left/right/bottom of my screen. Quite honestly, this is infuriating.

Is there any way to fix this? Please tell me there's setting or registry hack I can do to make this go away...

Here's an example of Wordpad (cropped to relevant portion):

How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad? LInfgm6.png

Tiffany, Jan 11, 2021
  4. How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad?

wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad?

1. How do I get rid of 7px ←/↓ border padding when opening WordPad? - Similar Threads - rid 7px ←

2. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?: One day I turned on my computers and started seeing black bars on the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and do everything normally but my wallpaper has black bars on each side. I have a 3090ti and a ryzen 9 and I am running windows 10. I am able to use my mouse in these black...
  3. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?: One day I turned on my computers and started seeing black bars on the wallpaper. I can move my mouse and do everything normally but my wallpaper has black bars on each side. I have a 3090ti and a ryzen 9 and I am running windows 10. I am able to use my mouse in these black...
  4. My computer’s wallpaper has black borders. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of this?: Hey, I recently noticed that my computer Lenovo Windows 10 is suggesting words and finishing sentences while I'm typing. Although I was dealing with it at first, it's quickly getting on my nerves. I've included a screenshot. Please, how do I turn this off...
  6. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  7. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  8. How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window?

How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window?: submitted by /u/Ihavecats5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhw4zx/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_blue_border_in_the/
  9. How do I get rid of this?

How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  10. How Do I Get Rid of This Dotted Border Around a Table in Word 2016?

How Do I Get Rid of This Dotted Border Around a Table in Word 2016?: Hi All. I've tried all of the border/shading tweaks, table tweaks, playing with some advanced options, etc., but the dreaded dotted border persists. Easiest thing to do is show you an image of what I mean. This is a resume, and I don't want anyone opening up to find the ugly...