Windows 10: how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

Discus and support how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillCopeland1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

:)

BillCopeland1, Jun 5, 2019

2. display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

How do I stop the display box for brightness/contrast from popping up in Windows 10?

MaryMahaney, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 5, 2019
  4. how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

Adjusting Monitor Brightness and contrast

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you want to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast

Please answer the below question to assist you better,

What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Please check the below steps and check if it helps,

• Type Calibrate display color in the Cortana search box, and click on same.
    • Click Next on Display Color Calibration window.
    • Click Next on Set basic color settings appears on the screen window.
    • Similarly, you get another window How to adjust gamma and click Next button to continue.
    • Adjust gamma window prompts.Set the gamma color settings by sliding up or down (as you prefer) the gamma sliders. When you drag the slider upward brightness of your desktop enhances and when pull it downward brightness
      decreases.This is the center step to adjust brightness so perform carefully. Press
      Next button.
    • Then you will see the Find the brightness and contrast controls for your display. Tap on
      Skip brightness and contrast adjustment if you want to avoid the adjustment of brightness and contrast.
    • Press on Next button until you get the window called How to adjust color balance.
    • In the window “How to adjust color balance”, hit the Next button to go further window.
    • Here, you will notice another window Adjust color balance. In this window, you have the option to adjust the primary colors like
      red, blue and green by sliding these (right or left) with mouse according to your need. After you optimize the colors press the
      Next button.
    • Finally, click Finish button to save the current color calibration settings on your Windows 10 desktop.

You may also update the display driver and check if it helps:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I would also suggest you install the latest keyboard drivers from the manufacturing website and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen

1. how do I get rid of a "brightness/contrast" box that keeps showing up up my screen - Similar Threads - rid brightness contrast

2. How do I get the brightness slider to show up in my settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the brightness slider to show up in my settings?: I have not had a brightness slider on my computer since I got it a couple of months ago. I have tried everything that I have found online. I have uninstalled and reinstalled monitor drivers. I have disabled and enabled display enhancement drivers. I have looked in the...
  3. How do I get the brightness slider to show up in my settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the brightness slider to show up in my settings?: I have not had a brightness slider on my computer since I got it a couple of months ago. I have tried everything that I have found online. I have uninstalled and reinstalled monitor drivers. I have disabled and enabled display enhancement drivers. I have looked in the...
  4. how do I get rid of the selfie in the start up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get rid of the selfie in the start up screen: wwhen I start the computer I get a back ground scene and in the centre of it is a photo of me . I didn't put it there and I want to get rid of it so that I can see the whole picture...
  5. how do I get rid of the selfie in the start up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get rid of the selfie in the start up screen: wwhen I start the computer I get a back ground scene and in the centre of it is a photo of me . I didn't put it there and I want to get rid of it so that I can see the whole picture...
  6. How do I adjust contrast - NOT brightness.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I adjust contrast - NOT brightness.: Text is too light adjusting brightness causes glare rather than sharpening text. Increasing font doesn't help either. How do I adjust contrast to darken + sharpen text? Thanks....
  7. How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen

How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen: At regular intervals, I get a box from Accuweather in the lower right-hand corner of my screen inviting me to click through and view tomorrow's weather. It's annoying. But I can't get rid of it because I can't figure out what it is. It's not a pop up, I don't think, because...
  8. How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.

in Cortana
    How do I get rid of Cortana. Since it showed up, my computer is screwed.: How Do I Get Rid Of Cortana. Since this showed up on my computer (I never asked for it, I think it might be a virus) everything is screwed up....
  9. How do I correct Brightness/ Contrast

How do I correct Brightness/ Contrast: Have very recently updated my Desktop PC, with separate Monitor, to Windows 10 Version 1903...All went well (Though it took just over 3 hours). One problem...My Contrast/Brightness is now way out, especially the Contrast. Have tried and searched online for a way to adjust...
  10. display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.

display box for brightness / Contrast keeps popping up.: How do I stop the display box for brightness/contrast from popping up in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/display-box-for-brightness-contrast-keeps-popping/21dedb49-82cc-4354-9ce2-9b7ea6239c26

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove brightness pop up on gateway monitor

2. why is the contrast display box keep popping up and changing screen brightness on its own?

3. how to get rid of brightness display

4. contrast/brightness box will not disappear,
  5. How to remove the box brightness/contrast that keeps popping up on my screen,
  6. box appearing on screen how to get rid off?,
  7. hoe to get rid of brightness display on my screen,
  8. how do i get rid of contrast/brightness,
  9. how do i get rid of contrast/brightness box,
  10. get rid of birghtness contrast box on windows machine