Windows 10: How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry?

Discus and support How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi!I have a sticky problem since I uninstalled Comodo Internet Security on my Win11 machine. It isnt removed from the registry as a Av Provider. Virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hans Albers1, Nov 30, 2022.

1. How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry?

Hi!I have a sticky problem since I uninstalled Comodo Internet Security on my Win11 machine. It isnt removed from the registry as a Av Provider. Virus Protection from Windows Defender and real time protection cannot be activated. I always get error messages.The entry that might cause the problem is here: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\Provider\Av\... There is a comodo entry left and no matter which way I execute the uninstall procedure, nothing will remove it. I used the Comodo Installation Cleanup tool, it doesnt remove this entry. I tried to delete it in safem

:)

Hans Albers1, Nov 30, 2022
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Security Center Service can't be started

I am also having a probem starting windows security center. When I did the following step: I found the following disabled:

Security center properties

Windows update properties

Security center WSCSV

Remote registry

net.tcp port sharing

internet connection sharing

COMODO LPS launcher

COMODO Internet security

Auto time zone update

Should these be enabled and if so how do I enable them?

I have no defense toward any threats at this time. Please help!!

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press Enter.
    • Locate for Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Check whether the following services are Started and set to Automatic.

vickibaughman, Nov 30, 2022
  4. How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry?

Windows 10 Security Center Issues with Other Providers and Itself.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with security settings in Windows 10 PC after 1903 update. We appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information along with the screenshots.

As you have mentioned, that you are using Malwarebytes Premium with Windows Defender. We would like to know if there is an option for reinstalling the Malwarebytes program, in case we need to uninstall and reinstall in future.

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to fix the issue.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
    incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support

1. Press Windows + R and type regedit.
    2. Navigate to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender
    3. Look for disableAntiSpyware - Right Click and
      Delete
    4. Select Default - set value to
      "0"

5. Restart the PC and then check.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry?

1. How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry? - Similar Threads - rid residual Anitvirus

2. I had a hard drive fail and had to remove it. How do I get rid of all the registry entries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a hard drive fail and had to remove it. How do I get rid of all the registry entries?: Had an 8Tb drive die. Replaced it, but now I am getting a few issues with installing some of the old programs. Turns out all those programs still have registry keys tied to that old drive letter. That drive letter no longer exists. I tried to use CCleaner to clean the...
  3. I had a hard drive fail and had to remove it. How do I get rid of all the registry entries?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a hard drive fail and had to remove it. How do I get rid of all the registry entries?: Had an 8Tb drive die. Replaced it, but now I am getting a few issues with installing some of the old programs. Turns out all those programs still have registry keys tied to that old drive letter. That drive letter no longer exists. I tried to use CCleaner to clean the...
  4. How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of a residual Anitvirus- provider entry in the security center registry?: Hi!I have a sticky problem since I uninstalled Comodo Internet Security on my Win11 machine. It isnt removed from the registry as a Av Provider. Virus Protection from Windows Defender and real time protection cannot be activated. I always get error messages.The entry that...
  5. How to get rid of Tencent in registry?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of Tencent in registry?: Hi, when i try to clean up the Tencent stuffs in my computer, i followed the advice online, uninstalled the software, searched and deleted "Tencent" and the suggested relating stuffs in the registry. I think i have deleted nearly all of them but there are still two left which...
  6. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  7. Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed: In my temp folder, I was getting folders for logs of two apps that I had installed and then uninstalled with Revo. And I could not delete those folders, because the log files were "in use." So I did some searching in the registry and came across this entry, which apparently...
  8. Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed

in Windows 10 Support
    Residual registry entries that even Revo Uninstaller Pro missed: In my temp folder, I was getting folders for logs of two apps that I had installed and then uninstalled with Revo. And I could not delete those folders, because the log files were "in use." So I did some searching in the registry and came across this entry, which apparently...
  9. HOW DO I GET RID OF MOUSE AND KEYBOARD CENTER FOREVER

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW DO I GET RID OF MOUSE AND KEYBOARD CENTER FOREVER: IT IS THE MOST HORRIBLE THING EVER AND I WANT IT GONE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mouse-and-keyboard-center/225bd2b5-145a-44a9-a995-ac4822c45ec3
  10. Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting rid of the CU "Security Center" taskbar icon?: Just got through the manual CU update on my machine, and now there's an icon for the "Windows Defender Security Center" in the taskbar that won't go away - It isn't listed in the "system icons" list where turning off Action Center and such was possible previously. Has...