Windows 10: How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen

Discus and support How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; At regular intervals, I get a box from Accuweather in the lower right-hand corner of my screen inviting me to click through and view tomorrow's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MidwesternMichael, Apr 26, 2020.

1. How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen

At regular intervals, I get a box from Accuweather in the lower right-hand corner of my screen inviting me to click through and view tomorrow's weather. It's annoying. But I can't get rid of it because I can't figure out what it is. It's not a pop up, I don't think, because it doesn't look like a new Chrome window, and it's not in my list of allowed Chrome popups. Nothing named "accuweather" appears in my list of Chrome extensions. Nor in my list of apps, nor as a process on my task manager. Nor do I see it when I search my Chrome history. I turned off the "get fun facts, tips and more" on my lockscreen menu, and that didn't seem to stop it.

All ideas welcome. Thanks!

:)

MidwesternMichael, Apr 26, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Apr 26, 2020
  3. The Loss of the AccuWeather Feature during Upgrade to Windows 10

I recently installed the Windows 10 Upgrade on 3 of my PC's. On 2 of them I lost the AccuWeather feature that appeared in the upper right corner of the screen when I opened these computers ?

I have already consulted Microsoft Help and was advised to look in the list of available programs and reinstall that feature.

The AccuWeather does not appear in that list.

I wonder why the AccuWeather feature remained on 1 PC during the upgrade but was lost on the other 2.

CharlesHodges79, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen

The Loss of the AccuWeather Feature during Upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Charles,

I realize that the AccuWeather feature disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the build of Windows 10 installed in the system.

• Press Windows key + R key, type winver and press
      Enter key. (To check the build number.)

There might be changes in the features of Windows 10 in different builds.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on View All, in the left view pane.

• Find and click on Windows Store Apps
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persist, try downloading the AccuWeather application from the Windows store and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen

1. How do I get rid of Accuweather box appearing on screen - Similar Threads - rid Accuweather box

2. How do I get rid of these grey boxes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of these grey boxes?: I recently restarted my Windows 10 and after the process was done, I signed in and these grey tab-like boxes appeared and I can't get rid of them, along with my cursor being absolutely unusable within the boxes. It always shows my cursor loading, but nothing has changed. I...
  3. How do I get rid of these grey boxes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of these grey boxes?: I recently restarted my Windows 10 and after the process was done, I signed in and these grey tab-like boxes appeared and I can't get rid of them, along with my cursor being absolutely unusable within the boxes. It always shows my cursor loading, but nothing has changed. I...
  4. How do I get rid of these grey boxes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I get rid of this black box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this black box: i was trying to test my pc by pressing every button on my keyboard and afterwards a small black box appeared on the bottom right of my screen and will only appear when in a game...
  6. How do I get rid of this black box

How do I get rid of this black box: i was trying to test my pc by pressing every button on my keyboard and afterwards a small black box appeared on the bottom right of my screen and will only appear when in a game...
  7. How do I get rid of this screen?

How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  8. How to get rid of transparent box on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of transparent box on screen: There is a transparent box on screen which I cannot get rid off. I can see through the box but I cannot click on links within the box. It is like a transparent plastic that allows me to see but prevent me from doing anything. Appreciate help.Can you see the transparent...
  9. How to get rid of transparent box on screen

How to get rid of transparent box on screen: There is a transparent box on screen which I cannot get rid off. I can see through the box but I cannot click on links within the box. It is like a transparent plastic that allows me to see but prevent me from doing anything. Appreciate help.Can you see the transparent...
  10. How to rid my PC of ACCUWEATHER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to rid my PC of ACCUWEATHER: iS THERE A VIRUS CLEANER THAT CAN REMOVE accuweather from my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-rid-my-pc-of-accuweather/d03df626-da4c-49d0-9f9a-94178f3fa303