Windows 10: How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

Discus and support How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I gave a program administrator privileges, but I don't want the program to have administrator anymore, this program needs admin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by volkoz, Mar 26, 2019.

1. volkoz Win User

How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

I gave a program administrator privileges, but I don't want the program to have administrator anymore, this program needs admin.

:)

volkoz, Mar 26, 2019

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Administrator Privileges

Have just installed a new Canon MX926 Printer. The problem is that I do not "have the correct privileges to access the folder" for all scan functions in the Quick Menu whereas all other functions of the printer work ok. I can work around this by having a
    short cut for each scan function on the desktop but I fail to see why I should need to do this.

Is there anyway I can configure Windows to allow me Administrator Privileges on any/ all programs / devices on my computer.

Have had several emails and hours on the telephone to CANON who can't fix the problem and suggested an Administrator Privilege adjustment to WINDOWS might solve the problem - help

James

road runnern 1, Mar 26, 2019
  4. How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program. [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

1. How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program. - Similar Threads - rid administrator privileges

2. how do I get administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  3. how do I get administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  4. how do I get administrative privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I get administrator privileges back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get administrator privileges back?: Right now the only administrator account on my windows 11 laptop is the built-in one. I need to get my administrator privileges back but can't find a way to do so. How would I be able to get administrator privileges back? Or how could I get my built-in administrator password...
  6. How do I get administrator privileges back?

How do I get administrator privileges back?: Right now the only administrator account on my windows 11 laptop is the built-in one. I need to get my administrator privileges back but can't find a way to do so. How would I be able to get administrator privileges back? Or how could I get my built-in administrator password...
  7. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  8. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  9. How to I get rid of this program

10. I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I, the administrator, do not have administrative privileges: So I'm trying to download some plugins for Cubase 10.5, but every time I try to save the actual plugin in the VST3 file it says "You don't currently have permission to access this folder." Ok, whatever, I right click the file location and edit properties, then permissions,...