Windows 10: How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account?

Discus and support How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently tried to change my password and microsoft put me through several authentifications which would be great security if they didn't all conflict... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Corvus_, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Corvus_ Win User

How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account?

I recently tried to change my password and microsoft put me through several authentifications which would be great security if they didn't all conflict with each other and require more authentifications. Anyway, I have had this issue in the past. I have 2 emails listed on my account. I made sure to triple check that they are the ones I have access to. I use one to login every day. Well, to change my password, it wants to send a verification to a very old email I have not had access to in forever that I also don't have listed anywhere in my account settings and when trying to authenticate by ap

:)

Corvus_, Jul 25, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 25, 2021
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jul 25, 2021
  4. How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account?

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account?

1. How do I get rid of an old email being used to authenticate my account? - Similar Threads - rid old email

2. How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...: An expired email account interferes with my ability to sign in to my active account; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. would you please remove *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from my account.I only have one email *** Email address is removed for...
  3. How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...: An expired email account interferes with my ability to sign in to my active account; *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. would you please remove *** Email address is removed for privacy *** from my account.I only have one email *** Email address is removed for...
  4. How do I get rid of a Microsoft email account that I no longer have. *** Email address is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop has my old work account as well as my personal account. How do I get rid of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has my old work account as well as my personal account. How do I get rid of the...: My laptop keeps telling me to refer to my administrator in Office 365. This may be due to a hangover from when I had a work account. How do I get rid of that account and just have my personal account...
  6. My laptop has my old work account as well as my personal account. How do I get rid of the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has my old work account as well as my personal account. How do I get rid of the...: My laptop keeps telling me to refer to my administrator in Office 365. This may be due to a hangover from when I had a work account. How do I get rid of that account and just have my personal account...
  7. get rid of old outlook account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    get rid of old outlook account: Hi, I had an outlook account with a group of professionals I no longer work with. I created a new account for our new group. Every time I log in I first get prompted to open the account I no longer have a password for and don't want to use anymore. How do I get rid of...
  8. I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't get rid of an old college .edu email that seems to be attached to my account -...: I have a regular outlook.com email and pin that I use to sign into my laptop. It works just fine. For some reason I get alerts on my pc asking me to confirm sign-in details for a work or school account. The problem: I no longer have access to the college school email that...
  9. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the old PowerShell: I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell? 151016
  10. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...