Windows 10: How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É

Discus and support How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is happening in all of my MS office applications - I have tried googling this and have set all of the keyboards to English United States.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Summit Station, May 21, 2024.

1. How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É

This is happening in all of my MS office applications - I have tried googling this and have set all of the keyboards to English United States.

:)

Summit Station, May 21, 2024

2. How do I get rid of e with an accent (é) as my slash keyÉ (and question markÉ)

I lost my icon on the bottom to change language preference. Now I have no question mark or slash because they appear as French e with accents. My preferred language says it is British English, but that is not how the keyboard is responding.

LauraCutler1, May 21, 2024
  3. How do I get rid of e with an accent (é) as my slash keyÉ (and question markÉ)

Hi LauraCutler,

Thanks for choosing Microsoft. It seems that you want to get rid of a French E when typing a question mark or slash key in Word. As you post it in other /unknown category, I assume you are not using Windows 10.
    (If I misunderstand your scenario, please point out.)

Given this situation, based on my research, please make sure you have the correct input language activated in Windows, you can go to Start menu> Control Panel > Region and Language> Switch to Keyboard and languages tab> Click on Change keyboard> Under installed
    services, remove other services and keep English US.

If this does not meet your scenario, could you please tell us what Windows system are you using? Whether all files or a specific one has the issue?

And could you share the screenshot about the question mark or slash become as French e with accents? (you can click
    Insert image and upload the screenshot here.) or a repro video is highly appreciated.

How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É 0dd50576-5908-4e68-9216-b01bbef4ab2a?upload=true.png

We are glad to further investigate your issue, any updates are welcomed to let us know.

Best regards,
    Gloria

Gloria Li MSFT, May 21, 2024
  4. How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É

Accented e

Hello,

Recently my keyboard has stopped letting me write an accented e/o/i/u/a. Instead of hitting the accent button ', then typing a letter and the accented letter apearing, when I now hit the accent button, it just appears immediately before I can write another
    letter.

So now it writes 'e, 'o, 'i, 'u 'a. How do I revert this back to where I first press the accent key and then the letter for an accented letter?

Kind regards,

Berend

berendsimons, May 21, 2024
Thema:

How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É

1. How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É - Similar Threads - rid accent slash

2. How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of e with an accent é as my slash keyÉ and question markÉ in Windows 11É: This is happening in all of my MS office applications - I have tried googling this and have set all of the keyboards to English United States....
  3. How do i get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of this?: Okay so, every time I even type a letter that perticular letter shows up on the bottom of my screen like a pop-up even my non letter keys show up like a pop up, please help me...
  4. how do I get rid of this

how do I get rid of this: I just brought a new Lenovo laptop and it doesn’t let me access Microsoft store and it says this app has been blocked by your system administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f8e302a1-c5c4-42be-8055-e68d488df969
  5. Getting /e and ?E with my forward slash and question mark button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting /e and ?E with my forward slash and question mark button.: shift + ? gets me ?Eforward slash gets me /etyping , gets me ,qn gets me nslanguage settings/shift + ctrl isn't helping and it's driving me insane....
  6. Getting /e and ?E with my forward slash and question mark button.

Getting /e and ?E with my forward slash and question mark button.: shift + ? gets me ?Eforward slash gets me /etyping , gets me ,qn gets me nslanguage settings/shift + ctrl isn't helping and it's driving me insane....
  7. How do I get rid of Ghost drive on letter E?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get rid of Ghost drive on letter E?: All advice given on forums does not work because command prompt and others do not list or show the disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-ghost-drive-on-letter-e/ae985921-5004-4668-ad28-9947c5c0840a
  8. How do I get rid of this??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mihaster1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igy3cg/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this/
  9. how i do get rid of this....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how i do get rid of this....: [ATTACH] i just want the usual list of files sorted by whatever. not this a long time ago in a galaxy far away sh!t submitted by /u/leonzon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eun9uu/how_i_do_get_rid_of_this/
  10. keyboard now produces é instead of backslash. How do I get rid of this

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard now produces é instead of backslash. How do I get rid of this: Keyboard now produces é instead of backslash How do I repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-now-produces-%C3%A9-instead-of-backslash/7c999267-9a42-4306-b901-70313021084d