Windows 10: How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer

Discus and support How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have never seen this before and I don't want to ever see it again. I restarted my computer this morning and got an advertisement for Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Oligopolympics, May 4, 2020.

1. How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer

I have never seen this before and I don't want to ever see it again.

I restarted my computer this morning and got an advertisement for Microsoft services that wouldn't close unless I clicked "skip for now".

I didn't want to click that because "for now" doesn't describe my desire. I never want to see it ever again. The screen did not close even when I tried to close it through the task manager or even simply from the alt+tab menu. Sadly I closed it "for now". How do I permanently deactivate this channel that has broadcast an advertisement into my eyeballs?

Thanks for reading & for any answers

:)

Oligopolympics, May 4, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/windows-10/block-pop-ups-in-microsoft-edge

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft edge, blocked a pop up ?? allow once ??

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn off.

• If you want Pop-ups then you can turn on.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 4, 2020
  4. How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer

How to disable fake surveys offerring "discounted" offers as prizes

Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:30 PM

To: 'Microsoft Community'

Subject: RE: Question has reply: how to disable fake surveys offering "discounted" offers as prizes

Thank you for your reply.

I am still lost but here goes:

• Only known “change” was starting to use Edge browser (which came with new Asus in May) in addition to Firefox. No earlier problem with new or old PC prior to late June.

• New PC came with Kaspersky with which I am uncertain after the contract period.

• Ads appear when opening email messages ( which are genuine) and must be deleted before continuing with the email. Sites are those I have visited for years.

• Below are samples of the ads and where possible their urls

• Only steps taken are to seek help and direct profanity toward whomever sends this trash

Any suggestions welcomed and thank you,

John Shiels

JOHNSHIELS, May 4, 2020
Thema:

How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer

1. How do I get rid of Microsoft offers that pop up when I start my computer - Similar Threads - rid Microsoft offers

2. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...: A screen comes up when starting the computer "there is an error and we are collecting information; we will restart the computer" I would like to get rid of this screen. The computer is not restarted and the screen has been coming up now for a long time....
  3. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...: A screen comes up when starting the computer "there is an error and we are collecting information; we will restart the computer" I would like to get rid of this screen. The computer is not restarted and the screen has been coming up now for a long time....
  4. How do I get rid of the screen that comes up when starting the computer "the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  6. how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer: how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-pop-up-for-offers-when-i/8cbb8f8e-7135-432b-a5e7-570c488359b1
  7. how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer: how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-pop-up-for-offers-when-i/8cbb8f8e-7135-432b-a5e7-570c488359b1
  8. how do i stop Microsoft pop up for offers when i open my computer

9. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  10. How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get rid of this pop up that i get when I start my desktop computer: [IMG] This is the pop up that I get when I start my computer. I can close it by clicking on the x but how can I stop it from popping up when i start my desktop computer?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I get rid of the phone pop up on my computer screen