Windows 10: How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

Discus and support How do I get rid of in Start Menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Musicollector, Feb 28, 2021.

1. How do I get rid of in Start Menu?

Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA.

:)

Musicollector, Feb 28, 2021

2. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Feb 28, 2021
  4. How do I get rid of in Start Menu?

Start menu changed to icons from text

With the anniversary update, the start menu changed from text entries for file, settings, etc. It now has a list of icons. Can I change it back to text, the way it looks after I click on Start, at the top of the start menu.

billybob1029, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

How do I get rid of in Start Menu?

1. How do I get rid of in Start Menu? - Similar Threads - rid <No Text>

2. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?: How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-word-system-under-certain/8741bd0a-d1c3-410b-8e07-8a0ee411da01
  3. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  4. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  5. How do I get rid of news and stuff in my start menu search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of news and stuff in my start menu search box?: Hello all, for some reason, I am now getting MSN stuff I guess? in the search box of my start menu. It must be something new? Anyways, it annoys me, so, how do I turn this feature off? Thanks, I'm posting a snip of an example:...
  6. Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ToguRefa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2kozs/start_menu_folders_with_one_item_inside_how_do_i/
  7. How do I get THIS start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get THIS start menu?: https://winaero.com/blog/tip-enable-or-disable-submenus-inside-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/ This looks like an ideal combination of the many Start Menu paradigms. Cascading programs from the 95 menu, tiles from 10, etc. submitted by /u/GameMusic [link] [comments]...
  8. How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu: I did an update to Windows 10 and the following ended up at the bottom of my start menu : ms-resource:AppListName I am using : Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 When I would click on ms-resource:AppListName with my mouse, nothing would happen and there...
  9. How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu?: My Windows 10 just restarted on its own while I'm using a webapp in Firefox and stepped away for a bit, which caused me to lose all progress... thanks Microsoft - but that's a complaint for another day. After restarting, I pressed the Windows key and typed in "Th" to access...
  10. how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????: After getting all the latest updates for Windows 10 Pro (running ver 1809 OS Build 17763.134) I noticed an additional entry under "Y" named "OTHER" and there an entry "ms-resouce:Appname/Text". How do I remove that item from the start menu???? I did do a google search and...