Windows 10: How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine?

Discus and support How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I followed Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 this tutorial and it worked fine. So now I reverted back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wiresplus, Mar 14, 2019.

1. wiresplus Win User

How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine?

Hello,
    I followed Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 this tutorial and it worked fine. So now I reverted back to 'normal' mode... but every time the system reboots it still tries to log in with the non-existent account.
    If it's been removed as per the settings, why does it still come up and how do I get rid of it?

:)

wiresplus, Mar 14, 2019

2. How do I remove a "Kiosk" login at login screen??

I bought an HP Envy laptop about a year and a half ago- when I got home, I noticed a "Kiosk" login show up at the login screen. I created my own Administrator login account, but whenever I boot the laptop, the "Kiosk" account is selected by default and I
    have to take a few steps to select my user account. When I bought the laptop, the machine had Windows 8.1 on it, but I upgraded to Windows 10 Home last year. I can't find any user account in the settings named "Kiosk", and I can't find any tutorials anywhere
    that explain how I can get rid of this.

Can anyone advise me?

VictorMcManus, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10

Source: Simplifying kiosk management for IT with Windows 10 - Microsoft Tech Community - 187691

How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Setup Assigned Access (Kiosk Mode) in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
  4. How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine?

Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine?

1. How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine? - Similar Threads - rid old Kiosk

2. How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website.: How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-microsoft-start-it-is-i-want/c1998b23-ddd5-4a85-8638-f85d3617c229
  3. How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website.: How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-microsoft-start-it-is-i-want/c1998b23-ddd5-4a85-8638-f85d3617c229
  4. How do I get rid of Microsoft Start. It is ****. I want to revert to the old MSN website.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  6. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  7. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

How do I get rid of the old PowerShell: I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell? 151016
  8. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  9. How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I get rid of old Kiosk user after reverting machine?: Hello, I followed Setup or Remove a Kiosk Account using Assigned Access in Windows 10 this tutorial and it worked fine. So now I reverted back to 'normal' mode... but every time the system reboots it still tries to log in with the non-existent account. If it's been removed...
  10. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...