Windows 10: How do I get rid of OSRSS?

Discus and support How do I get rid of OSRSS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, now that my computer has restarted twice, dumping things that I was working on and taking hours (not to mention a bunch of blood-pressure meds) to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lightingmaster, Jul 8, 2018.

1. How do I get rid of OSRSS?

So, now that my computer has restarted twice, dumping things that I was working on and taking hours (not to mention a bunch of blood-pressure meds) to reconstruct, I am trying to remove Windows 10 Update Facilitation Service, aka OSRSS. It won't respond to a netstop command, I can't manually disable it from Services.msc, and (more interestingly) when I try to remove the update that supposedly installed this worthless thing (KB4056254) I am told that update in not installed on my computer. So, my question is: How do I remove OSRSS from my machine? And, tangentially, how did this thing get on my machine in the first place?

I appreciate any and all assistance that may be rendered.

V. Ferraro

:)

Lightingmaster, Jul 8, 2018

2. osrss

I have something (i don't know what it is) running on my pc when I check task manager. It's called osrss. Is this malware and if so, how do I remove it?

How do I get rid of OSRSS? fbb77a0e-fb56-4a1f-977a-58797485d85c?upload=true.png

AsgeirJacobsen, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Jsssssssss, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Kcg23 Win User

How do I get rid of OSRSS?

What is osrdlsvc.exe or OSRSS DLSVC

Something called osrdlsvc.exe popped up in task manager the other day using my network. It also goes by OSRSS DLSVC, it resides in C:\OSRSS\osrdlsvc . Which access is denied and not found. I have disabled it and it has not re-enabled itself but there is
    no information on the web about it. I just don't know what it is and I have run several scans finding nothing. Its a service that has no description and has no accessible location. I have also seen it under services in the registry.

Kcg23, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

How do I get rid of OSRSS?

1. How do I get rid of OSRSS? - Similar Threads - rid OSRSS

2. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  3. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  4. How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?: Two "up" and "down" grey arrows appeared recently in my taskbar - this has never happened before.They are the arrows that would appear if I had more items open than would fit in the taskbar, but this isn't the case - if I used the arrows to scroll up or down, the rest of the...
  5. How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?

How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?: Two "up" and "down" grey arrows appeared recently in my taskbar - this has never happened before.They are the arrows that would appear if I had more items open than would fit in the taskbar, but this isn't the case - if I used the arrows to scroll up or down, the rest of the...
  6. How can I get rid of the two "up" and "down" grey arrows that recently appeared in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?: I do not want Home and Gallery to be there. Whenever I download, open, upload, print, etc., I prefer it goes directly to the Desktop, not to Home or Gallery, so I can find the file more quickly with less clicking....
  8. How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?

How do I get rid of Home and Gallery?: I do not want Home and Gallery to be there. Whenever I download, open, upload, print, etc., I prefer it goes directly to the Desktop, not to Home or Gallery, so I can find the file more quickly with less clicking....
  9. Any way to get rid of this bar, using my tablet as wireless extended display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to get rid of this bar, using my tablet as wireless extended display: [ATTACH] Casual use and work mode it's not a problem. I'm usually not clicking up there. But when I'm gaming if I click on it, it minimizes the game. Annoying especially if you're in the middle of some action submitted by /u/ElGrandrei [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I get rid of these grey boxes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of these grey boxes?: I recently restarted my Windows 10 and after the process was done, I signed in and these grey tab-like boxes appeared and I can't get rid of them, along with my cursor being absolutely unusable within the boxes. It always shows my cursor loading, but nothing has changed. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. osrss

2. osrss windows 10 update facilitation service

3. what is osrss

4. osrss windows 10,
  5. osrss folder,
  6. disable osrss,
  7. what is osrss windows 10,
  8. osrss folder windows 10,
  9. osrss access denied,
  10. c:\OSRSS,
  11. osrss disable,