Windows 10: How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in...

Discus and support How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get Windows 10 to stop making that loud "Alert" sound when I change the desktop volume? I would prefer it be removed but if it has to be just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Oct 28, 2020.

1. How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in...

How do I get Windows 10 to stop making that loud "Alert" sound when I change the desktop volume? I would prefer it be removed but if it has to be just made softer or something that's ok too

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Oct 28, 2020

2. Volume on alert tones 6500 slide

Hi I've recently changed from a 6300 to 6500 slide and overall I'm really pleased with it. However, the volume for the message alert tones is really loud. On the 6500 it the volume is really loud and it had the added benefit of flashing. The software on
    the 6500 is V04.84. Anybody any idea how I can increase the message alert volume. I have the ringtone volume set at maximum and this is great.

paddington---01, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Chime alert

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how annoying it could be, when the chime sound occurs in middle of the flight simulation. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would like to isolate the issue and want to know, whether it's an in game issue or a windows issue. Please perform the steps to enable Focus assist as mentioned in this article:

Turn Focus assist on or off in Windows 10

If the issue still persist, then try creating a new user account as this issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account
    and check. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Billy Med Win User

How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in...

Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in...

1. How do I get rid of that loud "Alert" chime whenever I try to change the desktop volume in... - Similar Threads - rid loud Alert

2. How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?: I have just started receiving this annoying chime and email notification after 7 years of using windows 8.1 I am assuming it started after an auto update. How can I turn it off? or at least the chime/tone/audio...
  3. How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?: I have just started receiving this annoying chime and email notification after 7 years of using windows 8.1 I am assuming it started after an auto update. How can I turn it off? or at least the chime/tone/audio...
  4. how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i get rid of fake virus alerts on Microsoft edge: how do i stop fake microsoft edge virus alerts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-fake-virus-alerts-on-microsoft/db44a690-9627-41a0-8c34-e1389d059b5b
  5. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  6. Mysterious chime alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious chime alert: I have disabled practically all alert sounds in my Win10 system. I get occasional chime alert sounds that I can't identify as sounds I've enabled. They're not either of the two system sounds I've enabled and they are not browser sounds I've enabled. How can I determine why I...
  7. Mysterious chime alert

Mysterious chime alert: I have disabled practically all alert sounds in my Win10 system. I get occasional chime alert sounds that I can't identify as sounds I've enabled. They're not either of the two system sounds I've enabled and they are not browser sounds I've enabled. How can I determine why I...
  8. Mysterious chime alert

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  10. Chime alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chime alert: Once into a flight I'm getting a chime every few seconds. I have no idea what's causing it. I have FSX Deluxe boxed edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chime-alert/1737a996-f777-4340-9f4e-a7d7539c3693