Windows 10: How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window?

Discus and support How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/Ihavecats5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fhw4zx/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_blue_border_in_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ihavecats5, Mar 13, 2020.

1. How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window?

/u/Ihavecats5, Mar 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 how to get rid of thick colored borders!!!

Hi,

The width of the border in every window you open in your computer is normally very thin. Getting a thick border would somehow imply that the border settings have been changed.

To change the Window border width, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type regedit, and click OK.
    • Click Yes if prompted by UAC.
    • In regedit, navigate to the location below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics
    5. In the right pane of WindowMetrics, double click PaddedBorderWidth to modify it.

6. Type in a data value of 0 (zero) or between -1 to -1500, and click OK.

7. Close regedit.

8. Sign out and sign in with your user account to apply.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 how to get rid of thick colored borders!!!

Thanks for the feedback. We missed one thing in adjusting the border size. Please follow the above steps, but in step 5, instead of
    PaddedBorderWidth, double click BorderWidth and set it to 0.

To change the color of the title bar to white, follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Colors.
    • Look for Show color on title bar and toggle it Off.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 13, 2020
  4. LilH3zmAn Win User

How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window?

Windows 10 how to get rid of thick colored borders!!!

hi, thanks for this but this didn't seem to work. My title bar on chrome is still blue and so are the borders, the borders on chrome are fine but the borders on every thing else e.g settings still has thick blue borders. Is there anything else that'll
    work? thanks

LilH3zmAn, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window?

1. How do I get rid of the blue border In the application window? - Similar Threads - rid blue border

2. How do I get rid of the werfault application error?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get rid of the werfault application error?: When I start it thats all I get https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-werfault-application-error/ce222411-008c-4e2e-a8da-d7494684c171
  3. How do I get rid of the werfault application error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the werfault application error?: When I start it thats all I get https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-werfault-application-error/ce222411-008c-4e2e-a8da-d7494684c171
  4. How do I get rid of the werfault application error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of this blue circle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this blue circle?: Whenever I move my mouse at a rapid speed, at any direction. A blue circle keeps appearing on my cursor, the only way I can get rid of it is by clicking, but it always gets in the way of my games and is extremely annoying. I've had this problem since I've gotten this laptop....
  6. How do I get rid of this blue circle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this blue circle?: Whenever I move my mouse at a rapid speed, at any direction. A blue circle keeps appearing on my cursor, the only way I can get rid of it is by clicking, but it always gets in the way of my games and is extremely annoying. I've had this problem since I've gotten this laptop....
  7. What is this blue icon and how do I get rid of it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is this blue icon and how do I get rid of it: After removing my microsoft onedrive, this icon has appeared on all my files. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-blue-icon-and-how-do-i-get-rid-of-it/d91c33fd-3e58-4457-8f21-3c05652e838c
  8. how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?: I don't know why, but small blue squares with > >have appeared on my thumbnails. They're very annoying - how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-blue-squares-on-thumbnails/3a7a36ad-0aa3-48bb-9ca6-fa2608b930c1"
  9. how do i get rid of the blue outline?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i get rid of the blue outline?: this blue outline is very annoying and I do not like it. very time you do a update I have a problem and have to spend hours/days reading on the web to solve the problem which is a waste of my time because I still have the problems. yes, that right problems. 1st: I want to...
  10. How do i get rid of the blue screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i get rid of the blue screen?: once in 24h smth like that my laptop hp notebook ay-002nq its crushing the blue screen which says : " stop code SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED " " What failed bcmwl63a.sys" 74336

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get rid of blue border