Windows 10: How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to...

Discus and support How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want the stupid impossible to use "apps" you have. I want my old reliable programs that I can use. They have easy to find controls and tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eddiemoore1, Oct 28, 2019.

1. How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to...

I don't want the stupid impossible to use "apps" you have. I want my old reliable programs that I can use. They have easy to find controls and tools that actually help me get work done. Your stupid photo app has published all my private photos for every one to see. I tried to change my screen settings so that I can see what I'm DOING BUT {now the caps lock is **** Up} I can't adjust the settings the way I had them on my old system. I can't even get the setting back to where it WAS when I first started!

:)

eddiemoore1, Oct 28, 2019
  2. NOPD Win User

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

3. RickC Win User
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10  

OK, I understand that I cannot find the entries in the registry because the default settings doesn't have them, i.e. they haven't yet been created either via GPEdit or .REG file.

Discussing just Option 2 (Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading using a REG file), I also understand that the .REG file in step 3 creates a key/value entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which has the effect of 'Disable Tab Preloading'.

What I don't understand is why - in step 2 (Enable Tab Preloading), i.e. to revert to default - the .REG file removes keys under both HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Why would there be a need in step 2 to remove a key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER (to revert to default) if step 3 didn't create the key/value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the first place?

RickC, Oct 28, 2019
  4. How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to...

why is the microsoft store full of crappy apps?

they need to start putting apps worth getting instead of these fake ones or
    low

quality ones. its a shame the microsoft hasn't actually caught up with
    apple
    or even google. if they don't step up their A game they wont last the next decade. seriously microsoft. why the
    crappy knock off apps and why are none of the apps people are actually using like tumblr, kik, instagram, snap chat in your store?

ElyonLester, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to...

1. How do I get rid of the crappy "apps" that you preloaded in this computer? I want to... - Similar Threads - rid crappy apps

2. Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?: Windows 10 10.0.19045.4046 2009, 22H2I have 41 *.URL files in Favorites. One is called vspeed.url and has the URL https://www.verizon.com/speedtest.It is the only one for which a double-click gives the security warning "Do you want to open this file?".I have already:ICACLS...
  3. Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?: Windows 10 10.0.19045.4046 2009, 22H2I have 41 *.URL files in Favorites. One is called vspeed.url and has the URL https://www.verizon.com/speedtest.It is the only one for which a double-click gives the security warning "Do you want to open this file?".I have already:ICACLS...
  4. Get rid of "Do you want to open this file"?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I get rid of the garbage apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the garbage apps?: How do i uninstall the garbage Microsoft is forcing us to use? Copilot dev **** apps taht isn't needed buy everyday consumers? We as consumers purchased this system. What right does Microsoft have to force new features we dont want or use without an uninstall option?...
  6. How do I get rid of the garbage apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the garbage apps?: How do i uninstall the garbage Microsoft is forcing us to use? Copilot dev **** apps taht isn't needed buy everyday consumers? We as consumers purchased this system. What right does Microsoft have to force new features we dont want or use without an uninstall option?...
  7. I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?

in Cortana
    I want to get rid of Cortana - how I do that?: Cortana has been uninstalled - I have a right side pop-up. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-get-rid-of-cortana-how-i-do-that/86412021-d161-4646-bf9e-8652ce80b142
  8. how can i get rid of how do you want to open this file. it is on all my apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i get rid of how do you want to open this file. it is on all my apps: was using registry editor to get exe. that was missing on VLC file. i backup registry now it says can be used on this computer. so now registry is messed up to. every app that i click on says "how do you want to open this file". pls help driving me crazy....
  9. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  10. How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.

in Browsers and Email
    How do you get rid of Edge? I want to uninstall it.: I would also like Cortana off there as well. What a waste of memory. And Edge does not work with any of the programs that we run. Super Frustrating*Mad 34319