Windows 10: How do I get rid of the Enter Network Credentials Pop-Up!

Discus and support How do I get rid of the Enter Network Credentials Pop-Up! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just purchased a new HP Laptop with Windows 10 Home. I cannot access the other shared computers on my home network. The "Enter network credentials"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jombill, Jan 22, 2021.

1. jombill Win User

How do I get rid of the Enter Network Credentials Pop-Up!

I just purchased a new HP Laptop with Windows 10 Home. I cannot access the other shared computers on my home network. The "Enter network credentials" box keeps popping up.

I've set up network sharing. Everything is as it should be. Network discovery has all the correct boxes ticked - Turn on network discovery, turn on file and printer sharing, Turn on sharing so anyone . . . , Turn off password protected sharing, etc. on all computers.

I have all shared folders set up for "Everyone" with full allowances.

I've done the whole Services - Function Discovery/SSDP Discovery dance on all the computers.

All other computers are running Windows 10. Two PCs, 2 other laptops and an old Surface RT. I've never had any of these computers ask for my network credentials.

All the shared computers show up on the the new laptop's Network page.

I can access my new laptop and its files from all the other computers. Including my very outdated Surface RT! All other computers can access each other's files.

I cannot access the other shared computers from the new laptop. It keeps asking for my Windows Credentials. I don't ever recall setting up these credentials, but I'm going to assume that they are the same as my windows security login - - - my email and password.

My email is shown in the credentials, but the password is not. I've tried editing, deleting, relisting the credentials to my Microsoft security info, but no matter what I do, the pop-up shows up, again, anytime I try to connect to another computer. What is different with this new laptop and why does this credentials box never appear on my other computers?

I have spent hours and hours scouring the internet looking for answers and have tried dozens of suggestions, but nothing has made any difference. This is definitely just an issue with the new laptop, since the settings are the same on all the other computers which have no problems. HOW DO I GET RID OF "ENTER NETWORK CREDENTIALS"? All the solutions that I've come across just keep saying the same things, over and over again - - - which do not work.

Please, somebody, HELP ME! I'm at my wit's end.

:)

jombill, Jan 22, 2021
  2. rvdude Win User

Enter Network Credentials??

After my last Windows 10 update, I'm getting this network credentials window pop-up as well. Windows continues to make my life HELL!!!!! What the F^%$ do I have to do to get rid of this new headache?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

rvdude, Jan 22, 2021
  3. OldNavyGuy, Jan 22, 2021
  4. How do I get rid of the Enter Network Credentials Pop-Up!

Enter Network Credentials after Windows 10 update. What are they?

Thanks for the update. May we know the version of your Windows 10 laptop?

We would also want to verify if you have also tried to used the username and password from laptop Credential Manager details? You may check your laptop Web Credentials by following the steps below:

• Press the "Windows + S" keys on your keyboard and type in "Web Credentials", press "Enter" to get a pop-up screen "Manage your credentials".

• Below the "Web Credentials" button, you should see "Web Passwords", expand the section to see your username and password.

We will wait for your reply.

Dantley Mon, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I get rid of the Enter Network Credentials Pop-Up!

1. How do I get rid of the Enter Network Credentials Pop-Up! - Similar Threads - rid Enter Network

2. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  3. How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Mcafee pop-ups?: MacAfee pop-ups tell me I have 5 viruses and I can't get rid of the pop-ups. Tell me hoe to do this, please. One third of my screen is covered with them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-mcafee-pop-ups/cd0f1c27-c541-4af0-aa2e-7bda0e578242
  4. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  5. How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?

How do I get rid of this constant pop-up?: I keep getting constant pop-ups saying "Windows cannot find '\tmp\drvboost.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." link to image is below. How do I fix this?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q7SZ-Yt93XdRwp2d8m7D_iZaMTGtBRC7/view?usp=drivesdk...
  6. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  7. How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?

How do I get rid of Cortana pop-up?: I have a Cortana pop-up that I can't get rid of on my Dell G15 notebook. It just appeared recently after a tech made some changes to my computer. I cannot get rid of this pop-up. It's always there when I toggle between the open apps on my PC. When I go to uninstall it, I find...
  8. How to get rid of pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of pop ups: Why do I keep getting the pop up, Saying call a certain number from Microsoft, and I know its not.. How do I get rid of these popups. 63170
  9. How do I "get rid" of network credentials?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I "get rid" of network credentials?: I have backup software that takes a backup to a secure share on a NAS drive. When it's done the connection/session/whatever is left open so the share can still be accessed without reentering the credentials. How do I tell windows to break the connection (or whatever the...
  10. How to get rid of pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of pop ups: I keep getting popups from suppose to be from Microsoft. We all that isn't really Microsoft. They say call the certain number and, they want money to fix the problems. How do I get rid of these popups? 63171