Windows 10: How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor

Discus and support How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My mouse Microsoft Plug-in is showing an "Hourglass" cursor which always appears at the lower part of my screen. It keeps me from doing any work which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WilliamSchafer1, Jan 16, 2022.

1. How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor

My mouse Microsoft Plug-in is showing an "Hourglass" cursor which always appears at the lower part of my screen. It keeps me from doing any work which requires clicking on Submit or any other tab at thhe bottom of my screen. I have Windows 11. Is there any way to correct this problem?

:)

WilliamSchafer1, Jan 16, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Hourglass on cursor

Hi Black,

An hourglass on your cursor, generally means your PC is busy - is your PC sluggish when the hourglass is on your cursor?

If so

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Are any of your devices (CPU, RAM, DISC . . . etc.) very busy or up to 100%

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Hourglass on cursor

I've read and tried the various ways to get rid of the hourglass on my cursor. Its not there all the time but it annoys me. I've tried the Settings way through but that doesn't work and I've also tried the Lenovo Settings to ensure that both are in line
    with each other. but still it persists. I've also tried the troubleshooters but they don't deal with it. Anyone got any ideas please?

Black Darter, Jan 16, 2022
  4. How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor

hourglass cursor will not stop flashing

I just installed windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 PC and it was fine for a while, but when I logged in the next day, the cursor began flashing the hourglass to its right and it has not stopped. It interferes with drop down menus which only remain open for
    a millisecond before vanishing. It stops videos as though they're buffering and the taskbar flashes on the screen when I'm playing them fullscreen. I've tried rebooting my PC numerous times and I've tried everything suggested in previous help threads on here
    (and elsewhere), but they've all been either unsuccessful or irrelevant as each one is specific to Win8, 8.1, or 7. I've done numerous antivirus scans with Sophos, which I thought had been uninstalled due to being incompatible with Win10, but they've found
    nothing. I've tried ending all the possible tasks that could be responsible. This is driving me nuts and I had no problem on Windows 8/8.1.

hp user_00, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor

1. How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor - Similar Threads - RID Hourglass cursor

2. how do i get rid of hourglass when starting an app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get rid of hourglass when starting an app.: my laptop razer book 13 glitched out a couple weeks ago and went into recovery mode. ever since then the usual blue circle hasn't been there. running windows 11....
  3. how do i get rid of hourglass when starting an app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get rid of hourglass when starting an app.: my laptop razer book 13 glitched out a couple weeks ago and went into recovery mode. ever since then the usual blue circle hasn't been there. running windows 11....
  4. Hourglass Cursor on Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hourglass Cursor on Screen: Whenever I hover on the left side, bottom half of my screen, I am unable to click on anything, and my cursor just has the hourglass on. Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen so it doesn't do this? Thank you...
  5. Hourglass Cursor on Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hourglass Cursor on Screen: Whenever I hover on the left side, bottom half of my screen, I am unable to click on anything, and my cursor just has the hourglass on. Can anyone tell me how to fix my screen so it doesn't do this? Thank you...
  6. How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I GET RID of the "Hourglass" cursor: My mouse Microsoft Plug-in is showing an "Hourglass" cursor which always appears at the lower part of my screen. It keeps me from doing any work which requires clicking on Submit or any other tab at thhe bottom of my screen. I have Windows 11. Is there any way to correct this...
  7. How to get rid of a Cursor Marker

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of a Cursor Marker: About a year ago, I saw somebody had a marker to make form lines easier to see. In this case, whatever I did, whether it was a registry change or a software change, added two pink balls, one above the other, with an almost invisible pink line between them, marking the...
  8. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  9. How do I get rid of the spinning mouse cursor?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of the spinning mouse cursor?: I know this issue is caused by the Windows 10 updates. I also have disabled Auto updates, but the issue seems to comeback. 120799
  10. Hourglass on cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hourglass on cursor: I've read and tried the various ways to get rid of the hourglass on my cursor. Its not there all the time but it annoys me. I've tried the Settings way through but that doesn't work and I've also tried the Lenovo Settings to ensure that both are in line with each other. but...