Windows 10: How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu?

Discus and support How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 just restarted on its own while I'm using a webapp in Firefox and stepped away for a bit, which caused me to lose all progress... thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nanakinoir, Jan 25, 2019.

1. How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu?

My Windows 10 just restarted on its own while I'm using a webapp in Firefox and stepped away for a bit, which caused me to lose all progress... thanks Microsoft - but that's a complaint for another day.

After restarting, I pressed the Windows key and typed in "Th" to access "This PC" so I can right-click on it... but now I'm presented with this redundant search panel that contains the same thing as the right-click context menu:

How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu? ba62894b-3189-4973-a279-47b001cbcd1b?upload=true.png

How do I get rid of this useless waste of space when everything I need can be accessed via the right-click context menu on demand?

Thanks,

-Dave

:)

nanakinoir, Jan 25, 2019

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Jan 25, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    AndreePin, Jan 25, 2019
  4. How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu?

Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu?

1. How do I get rid of the new search context panel in the Start menu? - Similar Threads - rid search context

2. How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?: I can't find any solutions on the internet about this problem. Oh and also I tried inserting a screenshot but it failed to upload. The ads I'm talking about are those that appear when you press the search button, like the trending searches and "games for you", etc. How do I...
  3. How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of ads in the search menu of windows 11?: I can't find any solutions on the internet about this problem. Oh and also I tried inserting a screenshot but it failed to upload. The ads I'm talking about are those that appear when you press the search button, like the trending searches and "games for you", etc. How do I...
  4. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  5. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  6. How do I get rid of news and stuff in my start menu search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of news and stuff in my start menu search box?: Hello all, for some reason, I am now getting MSN stuff I guess? in the search box of my start menu. It must be something new? Anyways, it annoys me, so, how do I turn this feature off? Thanks, I'm posting a snip of an example:...
  7. How do I get rid of news and stuff in my start menu search box?

How do I get rid of news and stuff in my start menu search box?: Hello all, for some reason, I am now getting MSN stuff I guess? in the search box of my start menu. It must be something new? Anyways, it annoys me, so, how do I turn this feature off? Thanks, I'm posting a snip of an example:...
  8. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  9. How to get rid of web search results in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of web search results in start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flawr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv7e5r/how_to_get_rid_of_web_search_results_in_start_menu/
  10. How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive: I removed the Moden sharing context menu but I still this annoying Move to One Drive context menu. Is there a way to get rid of it? [ATTACH] 127157