Windows 10: How do i get rid of the news feed in the search field?

Discus and support How do i get rid of the news feed in the search field? in Cortana to solve the problem; Just clicking in the "Type here to search" field in the taskbar, before i've even started typing what i'm looking for, it displays a news feed. Does... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by beefaroni, Jun 8, 2020.

1. beefaroni Win User

How do i get rid of the news feed in the search field?

Just clicking in the "Type here to search" field in the taskbar, before i've even started typing what i'm looking for, it displays a news feed. Does anyone know how i can disable the news feed? I like the search in the taskbar, it's the unwanted intrusion of headlines that i'd like to get rid of.

Thanks in advance.

How do i get rid of the news feed in the search field? 3b7cf95a-46bc-4509-8853-7e3aeedb42ff?upload=true.jpg

:)

beefaroni, Jun 8, 2020
  2. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

did nothing

PeterRedding, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How do i get rid of the news feed in the search field? - Similar Threads - rid news feed

2. how do i block content on the news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i block content on the news feed?: I do not like propaganda on my home page. How do I permanently block these goofy sites from my home page? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-block-content-on-the-news-feed/4d0a8287-6458-450e-b49b-ad4c312b13e0
  3. How to turn of news feed in search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of news feed in search bar?: In Windows 10, how do I disable the news feed in the search bar as shown below circled in red? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-of-news-feed-in-search-bar/9c4b3d2d-7a23-4258-bcf5-eb3cf52876ef
  4. How to turn of news feed in search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn of news feed in search bar?: In Windows 10, how do I disable the news feed in the search bar as shown below circled in red? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-of-news-feed-in-search-bar/9c4b3d2d-7a23-4258-bcf5-eb3cf52876ef
  5. How to turn of news feed in search bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?: Short of turning the whole thing off, how do I get that system tray news feed to show only "real" news articles?I've turned off all interests except for world news, and yet I still get puerile nonsense like the "5 things that are going viral right now!" or "You won't believe...
  7. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?: Short of turning the whole thing off, how do I get that system tray news feed to show only "real" news articles?I've turned off all interests except for world news, and yet I still get puerile nonsense like the "5 things that are going viral right now!" or "You won't believe...
  8. How do I show only news in the taskbar news feed?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever: I disable it each first use of edge from the settings menu, but the next reboot its back. any help would be appreciated 113416
  10. How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of news feed on Edge opening page Forever: I disable it each first use of edge from the settings menu, but the next reboot its back. any help would be appreciated 113416