Windows 10: How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

Discus and support How do I get rid of the old PowerShell in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josey Wales, Feb 22, 2020.

1. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell?

:)

Josey Wales, Feb 22, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 22, 2020
  4. KeithM Win User

How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

1. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell - Similar Threads - rid old PowerShell

2. How do I get rid of ****

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ****: Big brother want to monitor my emails when I get 20 to 30 request from women showing **** dating 2 miles from my house https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of/f29c08cc-1c6b-40e5-920f-cd3eb6283e99
  3. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this?: So, in the past few months, my speakers have being getting some interference in them when audio is played. The interference sounds like when your breathing on a landline phone and you get that noise coming from it. And, I have to go to the audio settings and keep turning on...
  4. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of this?: Hey, I recently noticed that my computer Lenovo Windows 10 is suggesting words and finishing sentences while I'm typing. Although I was dealing with it at first, it's quickly getting on my nerves. I've included a screenshot. Please, how do I turn this off...
  5. how can i get rid of powershell??????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of powershell??????: how can i get rid of powershell that keeps popping up on my task manager i looked at videos nothing helps can anyone know how to get rid of it? i heard that becouse i turn on and off my computer thats why it maybe shows up any idea? and is it normal to turn my pc on and off...
  6. how do i get rid of this

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  7. How do I get rid of this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of this: can someone help me here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/9716ff74-5fdf-427e-8563-fe47e570a010
  8. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of this?: This just happened, to my taskbar.Normally, I have many icons on my taskbar.Google, explorer. And, many more? Instead I have, this address bar.This is, very serious!I must get things, back to normal.The up/down arrow. Doesn't even work.I hope someone, knows how to get rid of...
  9. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  10. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...