Windows 10: How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up in...

Discus and support How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I get a padlock on the Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up . Is there a way to remove that padlock so that all the files are deleted when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvanDurup, Jan 26, 2019.

1. IvanDurup Win User

How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up in...

I get a padlock on the Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up . Is there a way to remove that padlock so that all the files are deleted when I do a clean up ?

:)

IvanDurup, Jan 26, 2019
  2. NannaBarb Win User

How to remove PADLOCK in Disc Cleanup..Temporary Internet Files.

Hello to you.
    This is my first time ever on a forum because I usually just Google any computer problems I have but this Padlock issue is not so easy to solve. Hoping someone can help?

I have the same problem that another person was asking this forum back in Dec 2016 but I do not see a solution... here is my problem...
    In Windows 10, when I do a Disk Cleanup. The scan results menu shows a PADLOCK at the Temporary Internet Files. I need to know how to get rid of the Padlock ? So I can complete the clean up, Please.

On my Acer /Aspire desk top, it shows the files size under 500 KB but my husband's HP Lap Top has close to 3 GIG of Temporary Internet Files. I downloaded CCleaner on the HP lap top but the Padlock is still there and the TIF files are still there.

Thank you....

How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up in... [​IMG]

NannaBarb, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Poppysdad Win User
    Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi I have the same problem that the recommendation you suggested doesn't cover.

When you use the disc clean up facility....you see a list of things to clean up and you tick what you wish....i.e. recycle bin, temp files, temp internet files and so on.

Just recently there is a padlock in the "tick box" against temporary internet files meaning none can be deleted in this disc clean up area and of course the file size grows and grows....so how can we delete them or more importantly how can we remove the
    padlock and go back to how it was! Note lap top and other devices all ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Poppysdad, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Eagle51 Win User

How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up in...

How to remove PADLOCK in Disc Cleanup..Temporary Internet Files.

The Padlock icon for Temporary Internet Files is the default icon , you can't remove it.

Not sure why it's not cleaning things up (so can't help you there) ... couple of options tho ...
    1. Try the Extended Cleanup (Option 2) - Open and Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    2. Use Ccleaner to clean things up

Eagle51, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files when I use Disc Clean up in... - Similar Threads - rid padlock Temporary

2. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  3. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    temporary files clean up: I just open storage settings, and I saw there is 9.19gb update files. how do I cleanup that? and is it safe to delete that 9.19gb temporary update files?location: storage settings>temporary files>updates...
  4. temporary files clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can’t clean up my temporary files

I can’t clean up my temporary files: As you can see, I have 3.24 Gb of temporary files, but I am unsure of how to delete all of them as when I try, I am only able to clean up very little. Can someone help me clean up all of my temporary files, or perhaps give me some tips on how to free up storage...
  6. I can’t clean up my temporary files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t clean up my temporary files: As you can see, I have 3.24 Gb of temporary files, but I am unsure of how to delete all of them as when I try, I am only able to clean up very little. Can someone help me clean up all of my temporary files, or perhaps give me some tips on how to free up storage...
  7. Clean up temporary files

Clean up temporary files: Dear support, I have a question about cleaning up the temporary files folder. Out of own habit and security/safety, i always clean up my temporary files before each restart or shutdown of my computer. Using the storage tab in setting. My question is, Is this bad to do so...
  8. how do i clean up temporary files

how do i clean up temporary files: how do I clean up temporary file s? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clean-up-temporary-files/f46cb1d4-e118-4b2f-8bcc-c2a011a44ab9
  9. Temporary internet files has padlock, can not delate

in Browsers and Email
    Temporary internet files has padlock, can not delate: Hi all I have spent hours trying to solve this problem, when doing a disc clean up my temporary internet files stay at 648kb with padlock...and temporary files 3.09kb . I noticed this about a week ago, i have had this Dell desktop for about five years and Mcfee two years, i...
  10. How to remove PADLOCK in Disc Cleanup..Temporary Internet Files.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove PADLOCK in Disc Cleanup..Temporary Internet Files.: Hello to you. This is my first time ever on a forum because I usually just Google any computer problems I have but this Padlock issue is not so easy to solve. Hoping someone can help? I have the same problem that another person was asking this forum back in Dec 2016 but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I get rid of the padlock on Temporary Internet files

2. temporary internet files padlock

3. cleanup temporary internet files windows 10 that has a padlock

4. how to remove the padlock on temporary internet files