Windows 10: How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and...

Discus and support How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. It amazed me how many people responded to this question on this forum for LB636... Yet NOBODY KNEW THE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by brandom79, Aug 25, 2018.

1. brandom79 Win User

How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and...

HERE IS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. It amazed me how many people responded to this question on this forum for LB636... Yet NOBODY KNEW THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its easy and you dont have to edit all the scripts and go into gpedit for christs sake!!!

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Change the Background settings in the Lock Screen from Spotlight to other and check.

You may follow the below steps for the same.

1. In the search option of the taskbar type Lockscreen and press enter.

2. In the Background section, change the option from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture" in the drop down list.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Your Welcome!!!

:)

brandom79, Aug 25, 2018
  2. koolking Win User

Getting rid of password and/or logon screen

Hello,

I recently asked this question so if asking again isn't OK, I apologize.

Anyway, I can't get rid of the logon screen in Win 10 so my PC can boot directly to the Win 10 desktop. I still need some help doing that. Here is what I have tried so far:

A. I tried the two steps listed in "How to Bypass Windows 10 Password and Automatically Login". They didn't work.

B. I tries using netplwiz but that was basically the same as "A" and it didn't work.

C. I tried Password Refixer but it didn't work.

In trying to use the above methods I somehow ended up with a 2nd user. The problem is this: that user doesn't appear in My Users so I can delete it or doing something about it.

Having to type in a password every time an application or an update needs to restart my computer becomes very annoying after the first time or two. Also, I much prefer booting directly to my Win 10 desktop.

TIS,

kk

koolking, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Picture Password is dithered

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions regarding the query:

• What happens when you click on Add option from the settings page?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Are you using Microsoft account credentials to login into your PC?

Method 1: This seems to be a temporary issue, I suggest you to reboot the PC and check if you are able to set the picture password.

Method 2: If the issue persist, convert the Microsoft account to a Local account and back to Microsoft account and check if you are able to set the picture password:

Step 1: To convert to local account, follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.
    • Click Start and then PC settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.
    • Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.
    • Type in a Username, Password, and
      Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Step 2: To switch back to Microsoft account, follow these steps:

• On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.
    • Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.
    • Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password, and click Next.
    • Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.
    • Click Switch.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us with the answers to the above questions to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure that we assist you accordingly.

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 25, 2018
  4. How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and...

Pre-Login screen pictures' origins

Hi Avabo,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with the query.

To assist you better, I would like to know when you say ‘’ I really love some of the pictures that windows randomly puts up in my pre-login screen’’ do you refer to the picture inside the circle or the login screen page?

You can go to the settings and change the picture of circle. However, please be informed that you cannot change the log-in screen page it is by design.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts, click on
      Browse under the circle and select a picture.
    Hope this helps. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and...

1. How do i get rid of the pre password screen that asks me questions with pretty pictures and... - Similar Threads - rid pre password

2. How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...: This is the most awful website ever. How do indelete my entire account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-absolutely-account-i/5056cb8f-5c60-4dba-b003-2831f012861b
  3. How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...: This is the most awful website ever. How do indelete my entire account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-absolutely-account-i/5056cb8f-5c60-4dba-b003-2831f012861b
  4. how do i get rid of this picture on my back ground screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get rid of this picture on my back ground screen?: I have no idea where this came from it just showed up one day. If i swipe down with three fingers it goes away until I click on something, then pops back up. There no way to minimize it or close it out. I've tried starting new desktop window and restarting laptop....
  5. how do i get rid of this picture on my back ground screen?

how do i get rid of this picture on my back ground screen?: I have no idea where this came from it just showed up one day. If i swipe down with three fingers it goes away until I click on something, then pops back up. There no way to minimize it or close it out. I've tried starting new desktop window and restarting laptop....
  6. How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?: How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-box-ask-me-anything-in/783cdcc9-3c64-42b4-865a-2c710a2f3f55
  7. How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?

How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?: How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-box-ask-me-anything-in/783cdcc9-3c64-42b4-865a-2c710a2f3f55
  8. How do I get rid of this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  9. How do I get rid of this screen?

How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  10. pre-login picture - how do I get back a changing picture?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pre-login picture - how do I get back a changing picture?: When I open my laptop, a picture appears before I log in. This used to be different every time, and if I moved the mouse I could find what the picture was of. Now it's always the same picture, and I've lost the "what is it" feature. How do I get those back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i get rid of a screen password