Windows 10: How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

Discus and support How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally installed the incorrect drivers for my laptop. Consequently, the functioning drivers were uninstalled. Everywhere online explained that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElijahGolden, Mar 19, 2023.

1. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

I accidentally installed the incorrect drivers for my laptop. Consequently, the functioning drivers were uninstalled. Everywhere online explained that you should go to your manufacturer's website to find the correct drivers. The only problem with this is that my manufacturer either does not have a website, or it is extremely difficult to find. This is my computer.I've tried reinstalling Windows 11, and even downgrading to Windows 10. I am unsure what to do at this point as I am unable to find drivers for my device.Any help is appreciated.

:)

ElijahGolden, Mar 19, 2023

2. no sound, red X on sound icon

I wanted to watch a video on my PC but there was no sound with a red circle with “X” on sound icon. I couldn’t turn the sound on. Troubleshooting couldn’t detect a problem.

MandyColeman, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Issues with sound on PC, red X on sound icon on taskbar

Hello Kaitlyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The red X on the sound icons indicates that the drivers are missing.
    Let’s try a few steps to fix the issue. Refer the article
    Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 19, 2023
  4. JaneDowns Win User

How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

my sound icon has a red x and i have no sound

no sound the icon has a red x on it

JaneDowns, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

1. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner? - Similar Threads - rid red sound

2. How to get rid of red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of red X: I saw a big red X on some folder i have in the One-Drive, so I thought i needed to get more storage, I did that, moved some folders but the X still did not go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-red-x/f0d4143b-3d02-425b-b9e5-e4ad1a4501b3
  3. How to get rid of red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of red X: I saw a big red X on some folder i have in the One-Drive, so I thought i needed to get more storage, I did that, moved some folders but the X still did not go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-red-x/f0d4143b-3d02-425b-b9e5-e4ad1a4501b3
  4. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?: I accidentally installed the incorrect drivers for my laptop. Consequently, the functioning drivers were uninstalled. Everywhere online explained that you should go to your manufacturer's website to find the correct drivers. The only problem with this is that my manufacturer...
  5. How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get rid of the red X by my sound icon in the bottom right corner?: I accidentally installed the incorrect drivers for my laptop. Consequently, the functioning drivers were uninstalled. Everywhere online explained that you should go to your manufacturer's website to find the correct drivers. The only problem with this is that my manufacturer...
  6. What is the icon and how do I get rid of it? (Bottom right of Genshin)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the icon and how do I get rid of it? (Bottom right of Genshin): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Keylend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/leh0ox/what_is_the_icon_and_how_do_i_get_rid_of_it/
  7. Circle icon in bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Circle icon in bottom right corner: Since i updated windows i have a strange circle icon that is always there on every app i open. photoshop, c4d, netflix, ... I can't click on it and i don't know what is is. If I want to take a screenshot of it, it is not visible on the screenshot. It looks like a circle...
  8. Icon on right bottom corner on my screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Icon on right bottom corner on my screen: [ATTACH] I have started noticing this icon on right hand corner of many windows what is it? is it a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-right-bottom-corner-on-my-screen/5caf9ccd-ea8a-49c6-9eb3-4d6fc8b4691f
  9. red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    red X on my speaker icon in bottom right corner: Hi, i am using a headset, i had to disable a few services in admin mode today and then i signed back onto my normal user and now im getting 4 diffrent NVIDIA errors and its asking me which of these devices do you want to troubleshoot. can anyone help?...
  10. Red "X" on the sound icon.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Red "X" on the sound icon.: So i have tried everything from here to remove the "X" https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/4-ways-to-fix-red-x-on-volume-icon/ Including re-installing the realtek drivers. The windows troubleshooter is not working either. So i am completely blank at this moment. So if theres...