Windows 10: How do I get rid of the stupid pile of unnamed note windows?

Discus and support How do I get rid of the stupid pile of unnamed note windows? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My machine was upgraded to 1903 a few days ago and Sticky Notes is now totally messed up. When the machine rebooted, all my notes were resized. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Athena..., Aug 4, 2019.

1. Athena... Win User

How do I get rid of the stupid pile of unnamed note windows?

My machine was upgraded to 1903 a few days ago and Sticky Notes is now totally messed up.

When the machine rebooted, all my notes were resized. I work on a 12.5" laptop and have always had difficulty keeping my notes sized as I prefer but this was ridiculous. The bottom right diagonal arrow is so hard to use -- especially when you can't even get to the bottom corner in the first place.

That was bad enough but I've discovered that the index is now missing in action. When I hover over the program icon, I get a stupid ladder of unidentified notes that extends all the way up my screen. How can I get rid of that? I looked in setting to see if I could limit this to some manageable "last" number but I don't see it. Is there a registry setting somewhere that controls it?

:)

Athena..., Aug 4, 2019
  2. Athena... Win User

My machine was upgraded to 1903 a few days ago and Sticky Notes is now totally messed up.

When the machine rebooted, all my notes were resized. I work on a 12.5" laptop and have always had difficulty keeping my notes sized as I prefer but this was ridiculous. The bottom right diagonal arrow is so hard to use -- especially when you can't even
    get to the bottom corner in the first place.

That was bad enough but I've discovered that the index is now missing in action. When I hover over the program icon, I get a stupid ladder of unidentified notes that extends all the way up my screen. How can I get rid of that? I looked in setting to
    see if I could limit this to some manageable "last" number but I don't see it. Is there a registry setting somewhere that controls it?

Athena..., Sep 29, 2019
  3. How do I get rid of the stupid pile of unnamed note windows?

Hi Athena

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

The Sticky Notes app in Windows 1903 re-written and its bit different from previous versions.

Option 1:

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Sticky Notes

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Terminate

Restart

Check the Store for updates

Option 2:

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Option 3:

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Uninstall

Restart

Download then reinstall Sticky Notes from:

Get Microsoft Sticky Notes - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-sti...

You can also launch Sticky Notes, right click it on the Taskbar

Click Settings

Scroll down then click Sync

As for indexing issues, see if these steps help.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-windows-10...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Athena... Win User

Hi Andre,

I did took the Terminate *and* Reset options. Now I have a better behaved Sticky Notes -- it's not optimal but they are more usable and I can bring up the list easily. AND it's not interfering with the taskbar Auto-Hide function anymore.

I have to wonder whether the development people who own this app actually use it; not to mention the obviously insufficient testing that preceded this release. It's hard to appreciate neat, new features and fixes in a release when an old standby is corrupted
    like this.

Athena..., Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I get rid of the stupid pile of unnamed note windows? - Similar Threads - rid stupid pile

2. How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...: see title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-that-stupid-thumbnail-that/8bff9db0-a450-43c2-b0f6-aeceb868c507
  3. How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of that stupid thumbnail that appears when I drag a file? It just gets in...: see title https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-that-stupid-thumbnail-that/8bff9db0-a450-43c2-b0f6-aeceb868c507
  4. How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?: How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE? I try to follow instructions found on the web some also Microsoft but I don't have the Onedrive Icon in my tray so cannot access settings. This kind of thing should be illegal or AT LEAST easily removed. To me, Onedrive is Malware....
  5. How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?

How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?: How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE? I try to follow instructions found on the web some also Microsoft but I don't have the Onedrive Icon in my tray so cannot access settings. This kind of thing should be illegal or AT LEAST easily removed. To me, Onedrive is Malware....
  6. How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how do i get rid of this

how do i get rid of this: How do I get rid of this propaganda? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this/f7848304-366d-4095-a664-f3c1f73ba314
  8. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquishyOreos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99agt/how_do_i_get_rid_of_that/
  9. How do I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/38xu0w453hy31.png?width=315&format=png&auto=webp&s=95413fc223b9cf0dd50763f721c5cb831c00315d I've had this in my start menu for a while, not sure what it is... I got it when I installed 1093 I believe and it's still here after installing...
  10. Sticky notes overlap in a pile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky notes overlap in a pile: I have an issue with sticky notes because they overlap each other in a pile. I see them in a pile each time I open up my laptop even though I moved then on the laptop before shutting it down...