Windows 10: How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

Discus and support How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I get rid of this useless grouping that just started happening?Also, when I click into a folder this does not happen. But when I hit 'back' out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Blake Liberati, Nov 29, 2023.

1. How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

How do I get rid of this useless grouping that just started happening?Also, when I click into a folder this does not happen. But when I hit 'back' out of that folder, then it starts grouping. No consistency. WHY????

:)

Blake Liberati, Nov 29, 2023
  2. WaltheRed Win User

Group by date (or month or ...) instead of "A long time ago" in explorer on windows 10

There seems to be no recent, current and clear answer to the simple question:

How can I FIX* the group by feature in the explorer in windows 10 so that it is actually grouped by time units in usable form?

Current result:

• Yesterday
    • Earlier this week
    • A long time ago

Targeted result:

• 2018 August
    • 2018 July

Or:

*I'm having a hard time believing that there is no obvious option, first and foremost because it is absolutely useless for doing actual work.

And just in case:

Did you google it? Yes:

• "Not possible" related to older Windows versions
    • "Use the arrange by ... " related to the pictures library

WaltheRed, Nov 29, 2023
  3. sjh001 Win User
    How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups

I like my Downloads displayed as a straight alphabetical list, and not broken down by today, yesterday, and last week. When I go to Downloads this can be done by clicking "view" then "group by" and then "none." Windows, however, does not save that setting
    and the next time you go to Downloads you are forced to go through those steps again. How can this be avoided? Until recently this was not a problem.

sjh001, Nov 29, 2023
  4. How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown, instead of just "a long time ago"?

Hi, I’m Nicole, I’ll be happy to help you out today.

Unfortunately, the Group By feature in File Explorer does not have the option to show all dates. It only groups files into "Today," "Yesterday," "Last week," and "A long time ago."

If you need to view all dates, you can use the "Modified" or "Date taken" column in the Details view, then sort the files by the date you want to use. You can also add the date information to the filename so that it will be easier to sort and organize the files.

I suggest considering creating feedback about this feature and sending it via the Feedback hub app so Microsoft developers can see it and review it. Access the feedback hub by pressing Windows key + f.

You can also post the same query in Learn Microsoft so IT professionals can give some insight on this query of yours.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/quest...

Kind regards.

Nicole Aljecera, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

1. How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows... - Similar Threads - rid 'Today' 'Yesterday'

2. 2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders: There is a previous version of this question last year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-yesterday-today-stuff-in/9d36b4f8-8059-4866-9c82-c6d2697a215a That does not work anymore on my Windows 11, there is no group by available in...
  3. 2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2024 March 6th, Windows 11. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders: There is a previous version of this question last year. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-yesterday-today-stuff-in/9d36b4f8-8059-4866-9c82-c6d2697a215a That does not work anymore on my Windows 11, there is no group by available in...
  4. How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...

How do I get rid of the 'Today' 'Yesterday' 'A long time ago' file groupings in Windows...: How do I get rid of this useless grouping that just started happening?Also, when I click into a folder this does not happen. But when I hit 'back' out of that folder, then it starts grouping. No consistency. WHY????...
  5. How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.: I have set the parameters in File Explorer - Sort > Group By > NONE for filtering so I do not have to see "Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago" in File Explorer when searching my file folders. However, the issue now resides and remains when downloading files from the web or...
  6. How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.

How to get ride of Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago when downloading files in Windows 11.: I have set the parameters in File Explorer - Sort > Group By > NONE for filtering so I do not have to see "Today, Yesterday, A Long Time ago" in File Explorer when searching my file folders. However, the issue now resides and remains when downloading files from the web or...
  7. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders: I know this question has been answered before but for some reason some my folders keep going back to the Today, Yesterday etc. format and i like to use large icons and some of my folders are defaulting back to the Details format, they won't stay at what i set them at. is...
  8. How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders

How do i get rid of the yesterday, today stuff in folders: I know this question has been answered before but for some reason some my folders keep going back to the Today, Yesterday etc. format and i like to use large icons and some of my folders are defaulting back to the Details format, they won't stay at what i set them at. is...
  9. File views, Group by date not very helpful: YESTERDAY and LONG TIME AGO .. that's it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File views, Group by date not very helpful: YESTERDAY and LONG TIME AGO .. that's it?: So, end of the year. Go go and look at some files over the course of the year and ask for a view that is GROUPED BY DATE. This is what you get for a year's worth of data: 1. TODAY 2. A LONG TIME AGO OK. That's not very helpful. And actually I don't think last month was...
  10. File explorer wants to sort thefolders and files in groups such as today and yesterday. I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer wants to sort thefolders and files in groups such as today and yesterday. I...: File explorer wants to sort files and folders by DATE and then by alphabet. How do I make it sort in just one group? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-wants-to-sort-thefolders-and-files/f74f5bad-98db-4c4e-8e9f-6f05be712aa0"