Windows 10: How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen?

Discus and support How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I open My Documents folder and then open a document or picture or video, there is always a pane on the right side of the screen with a large... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by therealsimpsons, Nov 7, 2019.

1. How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen?

Whenever I open My Documents folder and then open a document or picture or video, there is always a pane on the right side of the screen with a large thumbnail of whatever I have opened. How do I get rid of that pane?

Thank you.

Windows 10 Home
    Version 1903

:)

therealsimpsons, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Wile E Win User

Windows 8 Gets "Overwhelmingly Negative" Response from Vendors, Expectations Plummet

I thought of another way I would use Windows 8 with the start screen. Allow me to get rid of the tiles, and use tiny icons and a list or details view like explorer, but with folder nesting like in the left hand pane of explorer.

Essentially, a full screen classic Start Menu. That sounds like a decent compromise.

Wile E, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Eclassbud Win User
    Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Nov 7, 2019
  4. How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen?

Notification pane on right side of screen that slides in

HOW DO I GET RID OF IT???? I said NO to all notifications but the stupid empty BLACK pane slides onto my screen like a lurking annoyance!

KATHRYNKARIOTIS, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen?

1. How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen? - Similar Threads - rid window pane

2. How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?: How do I get the folder preview pane to open on the bottom instead of only the right hand side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-folder-preview-pane-to-open-at/45942c24-06e0-4b11-98f7-934c9020b3a5
  3. How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the folder preview pane to open at the bottom instead of the right hand side?: How do I get the folder preview pane to open on the bottom instead of only the right hand side? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-folder-preview-pane-to-open-at/45942c24-06e0-4b11-98f7-934c9020b3a5
  4. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  5. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  6. How do I get rid of the pop ups on the right screen in Win 11

How do I get rid of the pop ups on the right screen in Win 11: How do I get rid of the pop ups on the right screen everyday, one pop up says "latest news" and I can't get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-pop-ups-on-the-right/40c0852a-8ec5-4b8f-927e-8e5e00711a17
  7. How do I get rid of this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  8. How do I get rid of this screen?

How do I get rid of this screen?: I got this screen yesterday. It’s not a monitor problem, I checked it. I can’t open task manager. I’ve read this could be a windows 11 issue. Via usb stick I tried to delete the latest windows update but it fails. What can I do? I can still do something in power shell, maybe...
  9. How do I Make a Window Stay on the Right Side of the Screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I Make a Window Stay on the Right Side of the Screen?: I frequently have to compare items side by side. However, when I move a window to the right side of my screen it frequently jumps to full screen - an unexpected and unrequested behavior. MOST ANNOYING. I then have to fight for several attempts to get the window to stay the...
  10. how do i get rid of black bars on side of laptop screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i get rid of black bars on side of laptop screen?: how do i get rid of black bars on side of laptop screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-black-bars-on-side-of-laptop/cd828ad4-e90d-4cf8-9ca9-7dcb95c9c83b