Windows 10: How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

Discus and support How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CraigNan1, Dec 4, 2023.

1. CraigNan1 Win User

How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2

:)

CraigNan1, Dec 4, 2023

2. Please tell me Windows 10 didn't get rid of Word/Excel in the start menu drag and drop?!

A huge part of my job is sending Word and Excel documents into emails. I would drag a file from the start menu of Word or Excel (the pin list, with the most recent ~8 items) into the open Gmail window on Win7, and it was amazingly easy. Now on Windows 10
    I can't do that?! Please tell me the idiots at Microsoft didn't get rid of that?? How do I add Word and Excel to my pin list with the most recent items on it, allowing it to be dragged into an open window of Google Chrome/Gmail?

Also, on a hilarious side note, Cortana/Bing is a joke. I asked the price differences between Uber and Lyft, the 3rd link down seemed like a good one, but it turned out to be spam, with a random video of a VIOLENT BJ. Really Bing?!

MattDragalin, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Unable to see recent items in Start menu - Windows 10

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience caused to you with recent items and documents related to Words and Excel in the Start menu under Most Used apps. We will assist you with this issue.

We would like to inform you that if you have many word/excel files open or worked on recently then try the below steps and check if it helps:

1. From the Start menu right click on Microsoft Word.

2. Now check if all the files are showing up in the Word jump list.

3. Same way check for the Excel files.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 4, 2023
  4. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

1. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? - Similar Threads - rid word System

2. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?: How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-word-system-under-certain/8741bd0a-d1c3-410b-8e07-8a0ee411da01
  3. How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items?: How do I get rid of the word "System" under certain start menu items? Windows 10 / 22H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-word-system-under-certain/8741bd0a-d1c3-410b-8e07-8a0ee411da01
  4. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  5. How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of ads in my start menu search?: I have just noticed that my search menu has become this monstrosity today. I can't find the option to turn these off anywhere.Does anyone know how to get rid of these? If there's no way to get these off, recommendations of alternative operating systems would also be...
  6. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  7. Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu - Folders with one item inside. How do I get rid of that?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ToguRefa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2kozs/start_menu_folders_with_one_item_inside_how_do_i/
  8. How to change colour of certain items in start menu personalisation

How to change colour of certain items in start menu personalisation: See... I changed the windows accent colour according to my theme, but the start menu just looks odd... Here have a look at it [ATTACH] Is there any possible way to change the colour of remaining icons too ?? Please :...
  9. How do I add items to the start menu?

How do I add items to the start menu?: I've purchased a bunch of games from Good old Games, which puts the games in a folder called gog.com with each game in it's own folder. This is fine for Windows 7 and earlier, but the Windows 10 start menu combines all those subfolders into one big folder. There are a dozen...
  10. How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get flyouts to show on start menu items?: Folks, I do not show any of the flyouts (the right caret >) on my start menu items like file explorer or Control Panel. I am sure I turned them off somewhere along the way but not sure where. [img] 2120