Windows 10: How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel"

Discus and support How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel" in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Today I open youtube, and a game I've been wanting to play. Youtube is playing on my second screen while I'm playing a game on the other screen.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Pachkiss2, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Pachkiss2 Win User

How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel"

Today I open youtube, and a game I've been wanting to play. Youtube is playing on my second screen while I'm playing a game on the other screen. Suddenly I notice a weird media control panel, that shows me the name of the video im playing on youtube, and 4 controls: volume, play and skip. here's an attached file of how it looks like. I also cant find a way to close it. Please help

:)

Pachkiss2, Sep 27, 2019

2. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 27, 2019
  3. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, Sep 27, 2019
  4. How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel"

windows 10 control panel

Great help.......thanks.....I wonder why Microsoft did not installed it automatically....

MannyMarinPR, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel"

1. How do I get rid of this annoying "Media notification/control panel" - Similar Threads - rid annoying Media

2. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  3. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  4. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?: I have just started receiving this annoying chime and email notification after 7 years of using windows 8.1 I am assuming it started after an auto update. How can I turn it off? or at least the chime/tone/audio...
  6. How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this annoying email notification with chime ?: I have just started receiving this annoying chime and email notification after 7 years of using windows 8.1 I am assuming it started after an auto update. How can I turn it off? or at least the chime/tone/audio...
  7. How the heck do I get rid of this? So annoying

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How the heck do I get rid of this? So annoying: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sexyalicerose [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzx0d5/how_the_heck_do_i_get_rid_of_this_so_annoying/
  8. How the hell do I get rid of this? So annoying!

How the hell do I get rid of this? So annoying!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sexyalicerose [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzwze9/how_the_hell_do_i_get_rid_of_this_so_annoying/
  9. how do I get rid of these annoying windows

how do I get rid of these annoying windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Quionn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efo4e6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_these_annoying_windows/
  10. How do i get rid of the media controller at the top left of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i get rid of the media controller at the top left of the screen.: The highlighted red part on the top left of the screen. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-media-controller-at-the/d88d45ee-7f0a-476a-9b3c-f48c547d56aa

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get rid of media controls